• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

grantmason6882

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This might be true.. but the main reason I like my old ones is that the neck is wide enough that it isn’t seen under a sweater or hoodie. Whereas in the classic crew the tight neck can still be seen. The Mercer and U neck don’t have the problem but have weird hems.. my perfect t shirt would be a nice wide Mercer neck with a classic crew or anti expo bottom. T by Wang is the closest I’ve gotten so far.

Facts.

ElmTree

Reaction score
Those Anti-Expos dropping tonight look to be the new version - thick, tight neck with the heavier material.

Really wish they would make re-make the original Anti-expos with the same collar or with a Mercer-type collar. That new collar and material ruin the tee.

ChronBong

Reaction score
Those Anti-Expos dropping tonight look to be the new version - thick, tight neck with the heavier material.

Really wish they would make re-make the original Anti-expos with the same collar or with a Mercer-type collar. That new collar and material ruin the tee.

the co-mix AE is what i want with the mercer neckline!!! for the black and other colors since grey is in.

I KNOW THIS IS A DAMN GOOD IDEA @MIKE_JE !!!

theonepantless

Reaction score

@MIKE_JE could you please confirm which version of the Anti-Expo these are?

MilesMW

Reaction score

I thought the same thing when I got my first updated AE. However, once you wear it a few times the neck line loosens and is fine. I kinda like the new ones more now.

ElmTree

Reaction score
I thought the same thing when I got my first updated AE. However, once you wear it a few times the neck line loosens and is fine. I kinda like the new ones more now.

Idk man... even if the neckline loosens, other elements of the tee are hella different. The material felt rough when I had it in hand. I think they tightened the fit too. After they changed the collar, fit, and material, idk how they can still call it an Anti-Expo tee. They changed every aspect of it. I ordered the new ones in white, black, and forest, but they just felt like cheap crews with raw hems.

timofay

Reaction score
This might be true.. but the main reason I like my old ones is that the neck is wide enough that it isn’t seen under a sweater or hoodie. Whereas in the classic crew the tight neck can still be seen. The Mercer and U neck don’t have the problem but have weird hems.. my perfect t shirt would be a nice wide Mercer neck with a classic crew or anti expo bottom. T by Wang is the closest I’ve gotten so far.

I 100% agree. I had a washed mercer hemmed but without any split at the bottom it was too short :(

I also love the T by Alexander wang crewnecks! You should try a Levis Vintage "Bay Meadows" tee

https://cdn-images.farfetch-contents.com/11/33/84/63/11338463_6343116_322.jpg

Bertdinner2

Reaction score
Idk man... even if the neckline loosens, other elements of the tee are hella different. The material felt rough when I had it in hand. I think they tightened the fit too. After they changed the collar, fit, and material, idk how they can still call it an Anti-Expo tee. They changed every aspect of it. I ordered the new ones in white, black, and forest, but they just felt like cheap crews with raw hems.
thats my problem...besides the tight neck the material just feels like ****. i know i am no material expert but they just feel like an old navy tee or something to me

ElmTree

Reaction score
thats my problem...besides the tight neck the material just feels like ****. i know i am no material expert but they just feel like an old navy tee or something to me

Yeah, I don't mean to dwell on the negative or be overly critical, but that's my honest comparison after having both the original and updated AE tee.

The shame is I think they updated it based on complaints about the "bacon neck", which was as tedious as a complaint can get. Though I don't know for a fact, I feel like they were trying to cater to customer feedback, as they always do so well, and in doing so, kinda messed up the tee.

wurlwyde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

When'd they switch the fit and material? Which season? I have a Saguro and a Maroon, would those be before the change?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amancaba