• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jake777

Reaction score
What do you guys think of the fit of these jeans? First time trying on JE denim.

I'm a bigger guy at 6'3" 200-205 lbs, muscular build. I am wearing a 34 which had some room around the waist but definitely were tight on my thighs and hard to pull up my calves at first but when they were on, they didn't feel too tight around the ankle. I'm normally a 32-33 waist but tend to go with 33/34 due to larger thighs.

Also me in my Oro flight jacket, dont feel like it gets any love around here but I love mine

View attachment 872438

View attachment 872439

View attachment 872440
They look perfect. Since they fit snug on the rest of your body, they will stay up. So I wouldn’t worry about the extra room in the waist.

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In your opinion, what Jean wash is the most versatile?

Matters what you’ll use them for. If you want ONE pair of denim to use in casual and formal situations then I think the obsidians are your best bet. A good pair of black denim is timeless, can be worn dressed up or dressed down independent of season.

A lot of the indigo denim is very light and has dirty washes or is overly distressed. Due to this, IMO the indigo denim is really only suitable for casual situations. The nimbus is a little more versatile than the rest of the indigo denim, but the wash is still pretty dirty and probably would look off in formal situations.

Just my 2 cents, but I hope this helps.

Edeezus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Get a small
Are you the same measurement? MackP is telling me to go Medium so it’s conflicting lol.

On another note. I just hemmed my mercer tee to give it the ‘anti expo treatment’ and it’s not worth it imo. Shirt is too thin so the bottom of the tee rolls up way too much and it feels like I’m wearing a really short tee. Now I see why the regular anti expos are thicker than the other tees.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
SNS/JEx2/SLP

0FF23F8F-3631-4B94-BD41-4538AA9F877B.jpeg

227BA31C-5282-4F96-800D-08E6920311ED.jpeg

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you the same measurement? MackP is telling me to go Medium so it’s conflicting lol.

On another note. I just hemmed my mercer tee to give it the ‘anti expo treatment’ and it’s not worth it imo. Shirt is too thin so the bottom of the tee rolls up way too much and it feels like I’m wearing a really short tee. Now I see why the regular anti expos are thicker than the other tees.
145-150 lbs, 5’10. But it’s all dependent on your body and how you like to wear things. I like things to be on the trimmer side, and not too oversized. If you can afford it, get both and keep the one that works best for you.

barrettdudley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I am reconsidering the sizing on a lot of clothing from JE other than the tees and hoodies. I’m a medium in most clothing but it’s always somewhat different for JE. I guess it’s because the brand is meant more for taller people. I am 5’8 145-150lb should I go for a small or medium in the raglan crews? I know I’m a medium in most tees and hoodies but everything else that I have not worn I’m being extra cautious. Returning my bogota bomber has me messed up lol.

You are definitely a small in JE. You're probably a small in a lot of the brands you're buying a medium in unless you're just really broad up top.

I'm 5'8, 145 and I would be absolutely swimming in mediums. The oversized thing works on bigger dudes, but for guys like us, it just looks like we bought the wrong size. My baggier tops are cut pretty short which helps achieve the oversized silhouette but doesn't shorten my frame so much.

I know this question has been asked to death but... is CP Chelsea size the same as JE Hi Top sizing?

Yes. I go true in Achilles low, but size down on mids/highs and the Chelseas. They're a little snug at first, but they break-in and stretch.

itzkoolkidkam

Reaction score
figure i'd continue with this parka theme...this one's a bit more hypebeast than usual :)

yves
anti
amiri
nike

Anyone know when Mr.P sale starts? There's a few pieces I would love to get my hands on.

IMG_0975.JPG

itzkoolkidkam

Reaction score
How's the Yves? I tried on a fur coat similar and the fur would come rubbing off every time you put on and take off the coat

I hardly notice any shedding with this, very minimal if at all. I owned an ojardorf from last season and that one would shed way too much.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads