• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

djkillahcam

Reaction score
View attachment 861540 View attachment 861541

Here is the size medium bogota on me... I think i may have been able to get away with a small but not sure if I would be able to layer the same as I have somewhat broad shoulders.

Black bogota
Grey raglan
Grey classic crew
Onyx
White CP's
I don’t see any of the stonewash in your Onyx like I have in other people’s pics. They look like Carbons. Super hesitant to pull the trigger on Onyx because of this...

Mackp12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don’t see any of the stonewash in your Onyx like I have in other people’s pics. They look like Carbons. Super hesitant to pull the trigger on Onyx because of this...
It's just my piece of sh*t camera and lighting. Trust me they got some nice contrast. Grab them for sure!

TheOpOg

Reaction score

Yeah, kind of. These adidas ones are more like sweat pants. They are way too casual to pull off at work. Whereas I think you probably could pull off the JE ones in a "formal" setting. Which makes them much more versatile and fun IMO. I am going back and forth on whether to pull the trigger. Worried I might not be able to pull off the look.

blue2007

Reaction score
Yeah, kind of. These adidas ones are more like sweat pants. They are way too casual to pull off at work. Whereas I think you probably could pull off the JE ones in a "formal" setting. Which makes them much more versatile and fun IMO. I am going back and forth on whether to pull the trigger. Worried I might not be able to pull off the look.
Actually the material is quite premium for Adidas. Not a sweatpant material. Was able to rock it recently with a pigtail and high tops and a long coat.

supremeanarchy

Reaction score
Which items specifically remind you of old navy?
Not just Old Navy, but other mainstream retailers like J.Crew, Banana Republic, etc. But items such as the cashmere cardigan, cashmere crewneck, reversible half zip, OS sweatpants, OS cropped hoodie, some of the thumpers, the zip blouson, ebisu sweatpants, switch overshirt, rugby tank and tee. Obviously if you find a similar alternative it wont be exactly the same (material quality, compositions, stitching, fit) but still, they're similar. But things like the zip blouson I know I've seen some type of version like that in BR, switch overshirt at Uniqlo, OS sweatpants and hoodie basically any other hoodie manufacturer like Champion, etc. This was all just IMO of course, obviously if things are selling out or people going gaga over them then I'm clearly not seeing something the majority are and thats completely fine. But a real good example is what your wife pointed out about the zip blouson, it indeed does look like a woman's jacket.

Edit: Should have also mentioned that these are similar items I may have seen in recent time or in the past as well. And that's not to hate on JE because there are items that even surpass what I would have expected, like the BM collection, the pigtail items, denim, even the simple items like the bogota or ebisu for what it is the fit is great, the sneakers esp. on sale, etc.

Last edited:

jstrath406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah they look extremely versatile IMO, something that can be dressed up or down. The way JE styled them in the Bogota car shoot is what sold me. Gonna tailor mine length-wise if need be to keep them nice and cropped. Can’t be wearing only stacked jeans all the time.

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not just Old Navy, but other mainstream retailers like J.Crew, Banana Republic, etc. But items such as the cashmere cardigan, cashmere crewneck, reversible half zip, OS sweatpants, OS cropped hoodie, some of the thumpers, the zip blouson, ebisu sweatpants, switch overshirt, rugby tank and tee. Obviously if you find a similar alternative it wont be exactly the same (material quality, compositions, stitching, fit) but still, they're similar. But things like the zip blouson I know I've seen some type of version like that in BR, switch overshirt at Uniqlo, OS sweatpants and hoodie basically any other hoodie manufacturer like Champion, etc. This was all just IMO of course, obviously if things are selling out or people going gaga over them then I'm clearly not seeing something the majority are and thats completely fine. But a real good example is what your wife pointed out about the zip blouson, it indeed does look like a woman's jacket.

Edit: Should have also mentioned that these are similar items I may have seen in recent time or in the past as well. And that's not to hate on JE because there are items that even surpass what I would have expected, like the BM collection, the pigtail items, denim, even the simple items like the bogota or ebisu for what it is the fit is great, the sneakers esp. on sale, etc.
I see what you’re saying. Other than a few statement pieces every season JE has always been about elevated basics. There’s nothing special about sweats, cashmere sweaters, skinny denim or jean jackets...it’s all about the execution and fit.

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mind taking a pic with a tee and zipped?

I don’t have the jacket with me at the moment but when I tried it on it felt looser than my royal blue navy. It’s definitely not as fitted. I prefer the fit of my royal small over the blackmeans which means you will like your small.

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@nsubrmnn between the shadow and brushed black/grey do you have a favorite? Ordered the shadow because brushed was oos.
They are both similar in the looks department. The shadow is darker than the brushed. The brushed is softer and feels better to the skin. The shadow is very thin and pills, but is good for the summer. I imagine the brushed will fuzz up after some wear though. I think you can’t go wrong with either. do you need both? prob not.

Edit: actually I’d prob buy the red shadow plaid and the grey brushed flannel for some diversity. I sent back my medium brushed flannel and kept the small so you should see it on the site sometime soon.

Last edited:

ChillFil

Reaction score
I have yet to see any retailer stock any Anti-Expo tees in XS. Especially the illusive white. Every time I come across some the XS is always out of stock.

When JE restocked the black/white Anti-Expos I refreshed the page at 11:03 eastern and the XS white was already sold out. Almost as if JE only produces 10 of these a year..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 104 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads