• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crossbones

Reaction score
nah im just being lazy, roden gray is local to me so i can easily just go and pick it up instead of waiting for shipping...its a frigging t-shirt after all.

thanks tho. just gonna wait around i guess.

Ha exactly my thoughts exactly. I'm excited to see some of the new jackets in person as well.

Also, they were vague about the tease regarding denim. Was it just the Kane they were getting in? Wouldn't confirm if they are getting Cast 2... Guess I'll find out on Saturday lol

Mackp12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
tempted to cold water wash my obsidians while they are fresh to solidify the black like @hermesonly pair. Don't really want them fading when i have carbons and onyx already

Enexde96

Reaction score
I think @hermesonly is proof that you guys need to just wash your pants. The whole not washing for weeks stuff is gross. Clothes age - it's not a bad thing and most well made clothes look better over time.

My D02's that I used to wear religiously have the white thread showing as well and it doesn't look bad at all

Mackp12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think @hermesonly is proof that you guys need to just wash your pants. The whole not washing for weeks stuff is gross. Clothes age - it's not a bad thing and most well made clothes look better over time.

My D02's that I used to wear religiously have the white thread showing as well and it doesn't look bad at all
let's see those raw black d02's !

Fresh718

Reaction score
Gm any sizing advice for chinos shud I take my cast 2 size or size dwn ... is it cropped slim fitting ? Or oversized like Kane's????

Edeezus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It does look a little baggy on you. I decided to stick to a small to avoid that and it worked out. I’m 5’10” 145 for context.

View attachment 861158
Damn I’m 2 inches shorter and around the same weight and i got a medium. I thought it was a good fit for me but the small looks perfect on you. I turned mine in so they can fix the cuff on my sleeve so I have to see how they fit me again.

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally had some time to open up some packages I’ve recieved lately. Been pretty busy with work.
EA0DF614-6D2C-471A-B980-0D2BC04CE1F2.jpeg

First things first...the black/grey brushed flannel. It’s money, super soft like the red flannel, but fits tts whereas my red brushed flannel ran small. Only thing I dislike is the placement of the last button, which is similar to all the other JE shirts, it’s too high so the shirt kind of opens up at the bottom almost as if it’s too small. This is a small. I ordered a medium and it was the same as well.

TL;DR: brushed flannel: It’s dope, ‘nuff said. Buy it!

70B54493-54B8-4FFB-A5D1-53B306CBC1C5.jpeg

4BE179AC-F4AC-4BF8-AC6B-62767D4A178D.jpeg

87B4FBBB-75FA-4642-BCCC-44C216142BCC.jpeg

0E0BBABF-4FA6-4AFE-B43E-DAEC900E8E81.jpeg

On to the next one...krete blouson. My wife destroyed me on this one, her description not mine, “great an acid wash, girls jacket for $400...that’s going back!” She later apologized for being cruel. Anyway, I personally love the color and was hoping to love the jacket. The jacket is thinner than I expected, more like a Levi’s trucker. Maybe I’m used to really heavy raw denim jackets? I think the jacket would be perfect if it was a little longer. It hits just below the belt line which usually I love, maybe it’s the OS nature of the jacket that makes it look off to me, or my wife’s insults. The damn leather Pull tag kept falling off, similar problem to my rider jacket. The lack of pockets also was kind of strange to me. If my wife didn’t interject I’d probabky have held on to this one and prob would have sat in my closet...so prob better I got her opinion. If it hits sale szn I’ll def cop.

Description of pics: First is with the black raglan crew (prob should have picked a diff color) but the raglan is cropped on me and this is even more so.
3rd pic: with the flannel to show the length of the jacket
4th pic: with a (crinkled) white shirt tucked in to show where the jacket hits the waist.

TL;DR: blouson: if it had pockets & was an inch longer it’d be a keeper.

Update on the cast 2 obsidian : after a few wears they’ve stretched out a decent amount, got that diaper ass now. Really wish I would have picked up a 28. Here’s too hoping there’s an end of season restock or some retailer picks up a 28.

bbconair

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally had some time to open up some packages I’ve recieved lately. Been pretty busy with work.
View attachment 861400
First things first...the black/grey brushed flannel. It’s money, super soft like the red flannel, but fits tts whereas my red brushed flannel ran small. Only thing I dislike is the placement of the last button, which is similar to all the other JE shirts, it’s too high so the shirt kind of opens up at the bottom almost as if it’s too small. This is a small. I ordered a medium and it was the same as well.

TL;DR: brushed flannel: It’s dope, ‘nuff said. Buy it!

View attachment 861402
View attachment 861405
View attachment 861403
View attachment 861404
On to the next one...krete blouson. My wife destroyed me on this one, her description not mine, “great an acid wash, girls jacket for $400...that’s going back!” She later apologized for being cruel. Anyway, I personally love the color and was hoping to love the jacket. The jacket is thinner than I expected, more like a Levi’s trucker. Maybe I’m used to really heavy raw denim jackets? I think the jacket would be perfect if it was a little longer. It hits just below the belt line which usually I love, maybe it’s the OS nature of the jacket that makes it look off to me, or my wife’s insults. The damn leather Pull tag kept falling off, similar problem to my rider jacket. The lack of pockets also was kind of strange to me. If my wife didn’t interject I’d probabky have held on to this one and prob would have sat in my closet...so prob better I got her opinion. If it hits sale szn I’ll def cop.

Description of pics: First is with the black raglan crew (prob should have picked a diff color) but the raglan is cropped on me and this is even more so.
3rd pic: with the flannel to show the length of the jacket
4th pic: with a (crinkled) white shirt tucked in to show where the jacket hits the waist.

TL;DR: blouson: if it had pockets & was an inch longer it’d be a keeper.

Update on the cast 2 obsidian : after a few wears they’ve stretched out a decent amount, got that diaper ass now. Really wish I would have picked up a 28. Here’s too hoping there’s an end of season restock or some retailer picks up a 28.

shadow looks rad. going to get one now.

did your obsids start fading already as well? if more people's do, then i'm definitely going to throw mine in a cold wash to settle the dye.

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
shadow looks rad. going to get one now.

did your obsids start fading already as well? if more people's do, then i'm definitely going to throw mine in a cold wash to settle the dye.
Haven’t faded yet. You may want to look into a vinegar soak, it helps keep indigo denim dark, may want to consider it

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads