• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm more so referring to all the chatter for these for the last 2 years, when the SLP fit was better than the current one. It's like people have never seen raw black skinny jeans.

I see your point. I don’t personally care about raw blacks either. Plenty of options if I really wanted another pair in the past.

perkyscalling

Reaction score
In other news, I thought some of you might appreciate this. I'm taking the lady out for our anniversary dinner tonight and thought it'd be right to wear my Stadium Jacket.
Njb8LzU.jpg

Beige JE Stadium Jacket
Indigo Dyed Dana Lee Shirt
Dior MIJ 21cm

Damn dude, how long have you had that jacket for?

Side note - just saw this on instagram. JE Leather Highs look great in Nubuck

Qybqvf5.png

97laxlude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These look like Nero's without blow outs. I was hoping for the original obsidian's with the updated fit.
Obsidian's weren't a true black. There was a deep dark blue tint to it. Anyways, it'll be nice to rotate og obsidian, sashiko, carbon, and these.

Crshngdwn

Reaction score
How many of you guys with Carbons are copping Obsidians tomorrow? And why?

I've wanted raw black in the cast 2 cut for months now, I figured carbon would be as close as we get. But after tomorrow, I'll have Nero, Carbon, and Obsidian, which have minimal differences, so I'll probably sell 1-2 of them.

grantmason6882

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These look like Nero's without blow outs. I was hoping for the original obsidian's with the updated fit.
Obsidian's weren't a true black. There was a deep dark blue tint to it. Anyways, it'll be nice to rotate og obsidian, sashiko, carbon, and these.

You never know with filters. Might have that touch of blue in there.

Crshngdwn

Reaction score
Somebody educate a playa on why so many of you want raw black denim so bad. Genuinely curious.

There are other options available but the cast 2 fit works with what I'm looking for. I also want the details like higher rise in back than front, dark grey hardware, etc.

jstrath406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Odd that the Carbons just got taken off the website. I went on to just check them out again and they're gone.

jstrath406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure that's the case, thins are similar to the current cast 2 in calves
Here are my Ace's under Plumas, just about identical but the Ace may have a .25" wider leg opening. The Thin is an amazing cut too these just happen to work very well for me.

IMG_1368.JPG

IMG_1369.JPG

And speaking of Acne, has anyone tried the new Norths yet? I spoke to an SA the other day who highly recommended them saying they were very similar in fit to Ace. It does sound like they may need to be tapered a bit to achieve a Cast 2-like fit, but the $240 price point is hard to resist for the quality.

Mackp12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I loved the acne thin fit... very similar to the cast 2. I tried the stay cash and for whatever reason my pair was a lint magnet. Got super annoying so I sold them. Not sure if that goes away after a wash or what but i've only ever had that on cheap black denim.

Edeezus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I actually noticed the same thing between the u-neck and the crew. Originally got the u-neck with the original black tag and it is muuuuch softer and has more of true knit feel to it. When I got the crew with the new white tag, it feels much stiffer and the knit almost looks more printed on than a loose, flowy knit. Definitely prefer the original fabric.
I kind or regret removing the tag now. I knew I should have just returned it and buy the new anti expo instead. Kind of a bummer.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads