• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

cast 2 hasn't stretch much
1f615.png
I want them to be broken in already. Need to hire a bum to wear them a month straight!

I don't think the raw version had poly as the stretch blend but regardless raw tends to not have actual stretch. I find this to be the same on slp raw pairs. Washed generally have the stretch we all are looking for. Again I'm basing this what I seen in other brands as I haven't felt these yet.

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Scarab looks nice! Other than white sneakers, what color shoes would you wear with them? Are they too casual for Chelsea boots? I'm guessing only black would work? I've always had trouble matching grey denim

I worn my grey pairs with any light colored footwear, black, all red. They go with just about anything washed denim works with. If you are looking for a particular, I really like the common projects ss16 colors. I think they will go nicely with a pair of those

Last edited:

optimaasprime

Reaction score

I don't think the raw version had poly as the stretch blend but regardless raw tends to not have actual stretch. I find this to be the same on slp raw pairs. Washed generally have the stretch we all are looking for. Again I'm basing this what I seen in other brands as I haven't felt these yet.
Wish my nimbus wash still fit me. They were so soft and stretched out, taken to the tailors 3 times between raw stretching out and me losing tons of weight

victoorious

Reaction score
Scarab looks nice! Other than white sneakers, what color shoes would you wear with them? Are they too casual for Chelsea boots? I'm guessing only black would work? I've always had trouble matching grey denim

maybe some tan chelsea boots? i think thats what ima wear em with

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Wish my nimbus wash still fit me. They were so soft and stretched out, taken to the tailors 3 times between raw stretching out and me losing tons of weight

I'm a fan of soft denim too. Stiff denim takes too long to break in for me too. I hate that too tight feeling. Eventually they do stretch though and for me it's always too big at the end.

beans718

Reaction score
man those pics all but sold me on the SCARAB.. just need to see pics of the SPRING before I pull the trigger

suisunfleet

Reaction score

The jacket is awesome, especially if it gives me the power to crush incoming cars with my legs. I'm torn between grey or green.

I'm also really looking forward to that cardigan, hope it gets produced.

Is it really a toss up for when these items drop?

Last edited:

leclutchjames

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ don't hold your breath.

I waited all last season for a cardigan to drop that was even in the campaign photos and it never dropped. Smh.

wurlwyde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A couple things from reading above. Selvedge doesn't make the jeans better. It's simply using the selvedge line (meaning the very edge of the material when produced on a narrow, normally vintage loom) to make the outside seams of the denim. In order to make a pair of jeans show the selvedge, that seam has to be perfectly straight. To make that happen, you have to make the shaping come from other places in the jeans. When you have a jean fit like these (or an SLP d02), it's very hard to get that fit and kept the selvedge intact and straight down on the outside seam, which is why you rarerly, if ever, see it on a fit like this.

Also, 3x1 as compared to a 2x1 is simply referring to a twill pattern. Each woven has their own traits, which is why they are chosen or used (if the designer or fabric technician is very technical). However, a 3x1 twill isn't more valuable or more prized than a 2x1.

A lot of terms surrounding all these items are very misunderstood in here. There are many places that you can learn about these things and I'd encourage you to do so, before you blindly proclaim things.

Ok, I'm going back to actual work.

beans718

Reaction score
Stretch is a must on skinny jeans for me.. Would like to know time line on coast with stretch. If it's gonna be a while I'll just go ahead and cop the scarabs

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Stretch is a must on skinny jeans for me.. Would like to know time line on coast with stretch. If it's gonna be a while I'll just go ahead and cop the scarabs

They have minimal stretch since they are washed. they are 100% cotton

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member