• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JM Weston appreciation thread

cetrio

Reaction score

84861187_215418912838387_2411711288171305963_n.jpg

85037073_2584125291825334_1510925039275011739_n.jpg

gte872h

Reaction score
Really feel like JM Weston should have more support outside of France and Japan. Not much activity over here for some odd reason.

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

JDMills

Reaction score
The Demi Chasse are amazing, just no stockists here in Canada, how much are they approx in the US?

gte872h

Reaction score
I own and love the Golf but that Hunt/Chasse is something else -- ruggedly beautiful, and expensive! Did you size the same in both?

No. Check out the last page for my sizing info. Copied the Golf (model number 641) and the Chasse (677).

641(Golf) 10D
677 (Chasse) 10.5D

This is in Weston sizing and what is marked on the shoe. Both equate to a US 11D.

lobergen

Reaction score
The leather is remarkable, not sure what it is exactly, but I've never seen anything quite like it. Tough/sturdy, with a heavy texture and prominent pores.

View attachment 1326474

Looks like it is water buffalo.

Looks a bit like water buffalo from a distance but judging by the pores it's peccary ( you could find peccary in store at Weston in the past and not only in MTO).

sldsd

Reaction score
Really feel like JM Weston should have more support outside of France and Japan. Not much activity over here for some odd reason.

A SA told me they have limit production so they had to close all the boutiques in China and Middle East area (only one left in Beirut if I remember correctly) so that they could focus on key markerts.

JohnFM

Reaction score
My first pair of JM Westons was the Golf purchased in Paris almost 16 years ago. I knew nothing about non-USA sizing at the time and the only pair available close to my 10.5C Alden Barrie size was 9.5D. It was a beautiful pair of shoes but, sadly, too long. I just recently purchased the same shoe in 9D and will likely keep it, but may also try the 8.5D to be sure I get the sizing right this time.

The quality of this new Golf is impressively high, but the picture of the black pair above reminds me of a level of workmanship and leather quality that my latest pair is close to, but may not quite match. The beautiful, smooth, rich leather of the older black pair above reminds me of my other pair of Westons -- a brown Half Hunt purchased 10 years ago. It also is a little big, which is not surprising since it's a 10.5D.

Based on my experience over quite a few years, I'm surprised that a 10D in the Half Hunt would likely fit similarly to a 9D in the Golf. I realize others have had different sizing experience with Weston. My next addition may be the 180 loafer and I've heard that 8.5C or 8.5D will be the way to go.

Overall, they're beautiful shoes that deserve more attention than they receive in various markets, including the USA.

MaE

Reaction score
I was told at a Weston boutique that the Golf and the 180 loafer were made on the same last, which probably is true since all my 180 and Golf, that fit just perfectly, are the same size! I hope this can help @JohnFM

gte872h

Reaction score
I was told at a Weston boutique that the Golf and the 180 loafer were made on the same last, which probably is true since all my 180 and Golf, that fit just perfectly, are the same size! I hope this can help @JohnFM

It’s possible but I do not want a loafer to fit the same as a lace-up or vice versa. I worked directly with Daniel at the Weston store in NYC. A picture is worth a thousand... you know the rest.:)

89B6618E-07EB-415D-B5F4-7AED82F4A77B.jpeg

EFFB7805-4EB3-4DE5-B00E-6A463E9212DA.jpeg

I have heard that old Weston’s fit differently than they do nowadays. These shoes were purchased within the past couple years. Also have an old pair of 590, triple sole wingtips as well.

BTW, the ‘/‘ means half size.

drewzter

Reaction score
anyone know or can confirm when the NYC store runs sale events? I read its mostly non classic models but some classic models find their way in depending on inventory.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads