• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JM Weston appreciation thread

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Michel Croz

Reaction score
Also saw the Lane Crawford selection in HK and they only have the "E" width. (Which the staff in Madeleine explained is due to Asian customers needing this width more often than the others). Price was outrageous as well. They'll go on sale in a few months I'm sure, doubt hk customers will be sold on them as the style is too classic.

Luckily, sneaked in a week in France and got my first pair of 180s. Delightful and easy to break in. The passive agressive HK mid-levels have been hard on the soles however! Only three wears in and beaten up like yesterday's chiar siu.

The rubber soles were only on the grained version. Am fine with it though as long as no holes!

Attachments

• IMG-20231108-WA0006.jpeg
    IMG-20231108-WA0006.jpeg
    315 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG-20231108-WA0004.jpeg
    IMG-20231108-WA0004.jpeg
    203.8 KB · Views: 229

Louis_HK

Reaction score
Also saw the Lane Crawford selection in HK and they only have the "E" width. (Which the staff in Madeleine explained is due to Asian customers needing this width more often than the others). Price was outrageous as well. They'll go on sale in a few months I'm sure, doubt hk customers will be sold on them as the style is too classic.

Luckily, sneaked in a week in France and got my first pair of 180s. Delightful and easy to break in. The passive agressive HK mid-levels have been hard on the soles however! Only three wears in and beaten up like yesterday's chiar siu.

The rubber soles were only on the grained version. Am fine with it though as long as no holes!
Even though Hong Kong's sidewalks are rough on soles, But rubber soles are not ideal for wearing or breaking in, it's very stiff and will not mold to your feet however long you have them.

Last edited:

Louis_HK

Reaction score
@Michel Croz
Now that you knew your size, there's plenty of outlets you can shop,
lately Matchesfashion is having a 25% off for 1111 promotion. And also
24S, but 24S is much more expensive than matches' when choosing to
ship to Hong Kong, the price is a lot lower if you choose to ship to EU
(have no idea why, thought price include vat in EU should be higher?).

Michel Croz

Reaction score
@Michel Croz
Now that you knew your size, there's plenty of outlets you can shop,
lately Matchesfashion is having a 25% off for 1111 promotion. And also
24S, but 24S is much more expensive than matches' when choosing to
ship to Hong Kong, the price is a lot lower if you choose to ship to EU
(have no idea why, thought price include vat in EU should be higher?).
Thanks! Will definitely look.. Very keen these are great shoes

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I broke down and ordered these from Saint Honoré

112518259830H_2000x2000_crop_center@2x.png

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will cautiously suppose that these demi chasse fit in my elected size of 11.5D. It's possible I could have gone down to an 11E, but probably only because I am used to accommodating a certain amount of toe squeezing. As is, they're a little loose, which will either prove comfortable or else require thinsoles.

For reference, both my 180s are 10.5D and I'm a slender-leaning 12.5 D on the Brannock.

IMG_3981.jpeg
IMG_3982.jpeg
IMG_3980.jpeg

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
An aside: the sole of these is marked with an 'E', even though these are D width, as shown by the size stamp on the liner.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Congrats

I'm still babying my first pair of Weston's, uncertain whether they'll improve in the long term. They've yet to see the light of day i.e., only worn around the home sparingly.

JM Weston are beautiful shoes and I commend your commitment.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats

I'm still babying my first pair of Weston's, uncertain whether they'll improve in the long term. They've yet to see the light of day i.e., only worn around the home sparingly.

JM Weston are beautiful shoes and I commend your commitment.

180s? What's your apprehension?

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@whorishconsumer In the beginning the pinky toe got pinched and actually part of foot went numb over extended wear just on the foot (I'm sitting at the desk working at home most hours). I think it's better now especially hibernating with some shoetrees over the summer time. There's a nice amount of heel slip to allow my foot to move around without being loose if that makes sense.

It is a pair of 180s in pebbled ("caviar") grain black leather and rubber sole. Read a few posts above the rubber sole will make it even harder to break in.

To that end, it's not my first time breaking in a pair of shoes. And I know it's been shared about cobbler stretching the shoe width just a tad more. I just haven't had a lot of opportunity to attend to that. I am optimistic that with enough wears stomping outside they'll mold perfectly. Maybe I'm coping hard. Really just first world problems i.e., too much stuff and haven't had a chance to truly put some wear and rotate new shoes into the week.

FWIW I picked these up after missing out and thinking there's something better made than a pair of Lemaire split toe/piped slippers. I still stand by that and echo again how beautifully shaped the 180s are.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bhargav1505