• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jil Sander Returns!

jgan85

Reaction score
wrt the KM x Uniqlo, I have 2 basics, a shirt, and a cardigan, its great stuff, but like another member said, at uniqlo prices don't expect mainline materials. construction is fine though. the bee logo Kiminori Morishita's and nothing to do with Uniqlo.

also have a KM mainline cardigan - absolutely sick cashmere blend fabric - pity there are too little stockists though.

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lemmywinks
I really want to see some fit pics and I want to know which pieces are the most worth picking up. I know I'm picking up some of the pants thats for sure.

Also what is the demand of these like in Hong Kong? My only hope is my mom picking them up but if the demand is high I know she is definitely someone that will phone up all the stores and try and find the size I need but I feel bad if I make her do it.

Demand in HK seems high. Only the Harbour city and Causeway bay branches sell +J. I was at the HC on Saturday and picked the penultimate light grey peak lapel flannel, half a dozen darker grey (peak and notch left) absolutely no pants. What was left seemed to be the tops and padded jackets.

lemmywinks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chobochobo
Demand in HK seems high. Only the Harbour city and Causeway bay branches sell +J. I was at the HC on Saturday and picked the penultimate light grey peak lapel flannel, half a dozen darker grey (peak and notch left) absolutely no pants. What was left seemed to be the tops and padded jackets.

Thanks. I'm a little disappointed since I thought HK would be heaven to pick these up since there are so many Uniqlo stores in such a small area.

Hopefully there will be a restock and the demand gets lower. It'd be cool if some of the other HK SFers can keep me updated and see if they start stocking +J in the other stores.

Gatsby

Reaction score
highly highly disappointing..!! the best thing were the pants, but fabrics were so boring!! fit was good though; perfect for skinny asian boys.

shirts, coats, jackets, etc.. looked cheap, didn't fit well (i have long arms so sue me). hate to say it but it 'looks Uniqlo' in the end.

only got the black dress belt which was originally sold out but I convinced the girl to dig up one from the inventory.. nice thing about being at the Ginza store I guess.

Hummingbird

Reaction score
Anyone have feedback on the fit of the tees or turtle neck? I'm questioning trying to get a blazer with all this negativity : (

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i really dunno what people expect at these prices.

Hummingbird

Reaction score
'tis true. There's only so much you can do as a retailer. $150.00 is cheap for any wool blazer or jacket. I guess here the appeal is the cut and general look of the fabric, but the latter sounds questionable.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^fwiw i think it looks pretty good. is simply not going to look like a raf for jil oevrcaot

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I've worn the **** out of a few Uniqlo blazers and they haven't fallen apart yet. Just don't expect a fully canvassed jacket with silk lining and cashmere outer.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
^fwiw i think it looks pretty good. is simply not going to look like a raf for jil oevrcaot

heh for reals. For its price, it's really quite good.

I don't know what people expected. I expected Uniqlo with a better fit and slightly better materials. That's what it is. It looks good, IMO.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I feel the same way, and didn't expect more than 1% of what most people were expecting, but they did talk about fabrics in the beginning, and that velvet blazer SUCKED. lol. Velvet blazers tend to suck, though...

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
only point of contention is the bs the store gave everyone that stock was limited because of some special fabrics or some such ****. yeah, stock is limited to 150 boxes a day.

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
I feel the same way, and didn't expect more than 1% of what most people were expecting, but they did talk about fabrics in the beginning, and that velvet blazer SUCKED. lol. Velvet blazers tend to suck, though...

i really want to know what made it suck. was it ****** velvet? or is it just people not liking velvet in general and making those comments?

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
i really want to know what made it suck. was it ****** velvet? or is it just people not liking velvet in general and making those comments?

You should trust people when they said specifically that the velvet blazer looked/felt like crap that they're not just saying eewww velvet blazer. I've also heard nothing but negative things about it in comparison to the rest of the line. Velvet blazers if made on the cheap will be much more obvious than wool blazers

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads