• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jantzen, Reliable at last?

linsook

Reaction score
Originally Posted by StylingUK
Would writing in Chinese if you know the language help? Or do they prefer English customers more?

i've actually never tried, all my correspondance has been in english.

Originally Posted by Mr. Potato
I don't know how Jantzen picks their customers. I've only had 2 successful online orders, and another 2 successful in-store. The other 5 or 7 online orders were missing orders with no confirmations or charges. They must really like you.

Mr. Potato, maybe give them a chance again. I suggest everyone who has had issues before to fire off an email, and always reference your customer number or maybe try your chance and order one again. I'm not sure what is going on over there, but i remember the first orders i've made and sent emails that were never replied to. As of yesterday, it seems they are replying to all emails. mine at least.

I have never had a missing order, all my shirts made it to my house within 3 weeks. however my first shirt was a failure as it didn't fit but with my tweaked measurements, the shirts im getting now are perfect.

my new order is from their 'superfine cotton'. they got some funky fabrics up now too now 'funky clubbing shirts' LOL.

Mr. Potato

Reaction score
Took another chance with them with 1 shirt. Maybe since they're introducing those "funky clubbing shirts" online, they'll start paying attention to me and the other poor online customers who never got their orders.

linsook

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Potato
Took another chance with them with 1 shirt. Maybe since they're introducing those "funky clubbing shirts" online, they'll start paying attention to me and the other poor online customers who never got their orders.

just curious, did you get a confirmation?

rexor12

Reaction score
I received 5 shirts today from the superfine cotton fabrics, they were really good - MUCH better than any of his previous fabrics. These feel really good and i will only order these in the future.

Quatsch

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rexor12
I received 5 shirts today from the superfine cotton fabrics, they were really good - MUCH better than any of his previous fabrics. These feel really good and i will only order these in the future.
Glad to hear it, I wanted to try them, but I'm only on my second order, so I didn't want a multiple-shirt order. I placed an order last night for a white dobby-stripe shirt (#162),. I requested the shirt be delivered by Dec 10th if at all possible, so we'll see if the quick turnaround trend continues.

jc138

Reaction score
I picked up a 8113, which i love. I think I will get another made with french cuffs.

Can anyone give me a lead on a light blue end-on-end?

Anyone know anything about: Jantzen*8437, Jantzen*8310, or Jantzen*8305?

thx

linsook

Reaction score
Ordered: October 27
Confirmation: October 28
Recieved: November 5

wow, i'm surprised by the speed of this order. 10 days from the initial day of order to receiving shirts. (i usually get them within 3 weeks)

anyways, i ordered two shirts from their superfine cotton fabrics: 8406 and 8055. the fabric is very nice, and will definitely choose from that selection in the future. with that said, their normal selection does infact offer fabric of similar quality, however it is a larger gamble.

this is my opinion, so take it with a grain of salt but, i think the $9-12 extra you are paying for the 'superfine cotton' is a charge for them sifting through their massive selection of fabrics and picking out the better ones. to me, the little extra you pay is worth it, knowing you will get a fabric you are satisfied with.

truevision

Reaction score
I've yet to try custom shirts so i am looking to try out Jantzen. It seems that they require quite alot of information from the customer about how they want the shirt to look down the tiniest detail. I am not exactly sure what to tell them. I will actually be going to their store. I am just after an all round well fitted shirt.

temporaryachilles

Reaction score
I recently moved to HK and thought I'd put my two cents in. After reading about Jantzen tailor on this forum, I visited their store to order some shirts. You would not believe how swamped and utterly beleagured this small shop is. On my first trip, I ordered five shirts but asked that they make only one so that I could confirm the fit. At the fitting, the sleeves were too short. The fitter said that he would have the sleeves extended by an inch and the sleeves widened at the forearm. I proceeded with the order but got five shirts with sleeves that were too short. I took them back to be fixed, and they agreed to extend the sleeves. I was so thrilled that they would correct this error that I ordered two more shirts. Bad mistake. When I got home with the original five shirts, it was apparent that they attempted to extend the original sleeves but were limited by the original fabric to only 1/4 to 1/8 inch of extra length. I hoped that the two new shirts would have proper sleeve lengths, but they too were short. After washing, everything shrank. Now I have seven shirts, all with decent fabric and construction, but with tight necks and short sleeves that make them unwearable.

Jantzen has the potential to be a great place for shirts, but the staff is too rushed, and the place is too chaotic. If you want something specific, make sure that it is written down, or it probably won't get done. It is best to order one shirt at a time, wear it, wash it, make adjustments, then order another, make more adjustments, etc. After my seven experiments, I think that if I could return at a time when the shop isn't swamped, I could probably get some nearly perfect shirts.

FYI, the workmanship is impressive. The Janzten shirts are on par with my Ascott Chang shirts, which cost three times more.

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by temporaryachilles
I recently moved to HK and thought I'd put my two cents in. After reading about Jantzen tailor on this forum, I visited their store to order some shirts. You would not believe how swamped and utterly beleagured this small shop is. On my first trip, I ordered five shirts but asked that they make only one so that I could confirm the fit. At the fitting, the sleeves were too short. The fitter said that he would have the sleeves extended by an inch and the sleeves widened at the forearm. I proceeded with the order but got five shirts with sleeves that were too short. I took them back to be fixed, and they agreed to extend the sleeves. I was so thrilled that they would correct this error that I ordered two more shirts. Bad mistake. When I got home with the original five shirts, it was apparent that they attempted to extend the original sleeves but were limited by the original fabric to only 1/4 to 1/8 inch of extra length. I hoped that the two new shirts would have proper sleeve lengths, but they too were short. After washing, everything shrank. Now I have seven shirts, all with decent fabric and construction, but with tight necks and short sleeves that make them unwearable.

Jantzen has the potential to be a great place for shirts, but the staff is too rushed, and the place is too chaotic. If you want something specific, make sure that it is written down, or it probably won't get done. It is best to order one shirt at a time, wear it, wash it, make adjustments, then order another, make more adjustments, etc. After my seven experiments, I think that if I could return at a time when the shop isn't swamped, I could probably get some nearly perfect shirts.

FYI, the workmanship is impressive. The Janzten shirts are on par with my Ascott Chang shirts, which cost three times more.

Small? You should have seen the size of the old shop
smile.gif

Sounds like a big problem if you're sleeves are an inch too short. I've only ordered stuff twice - both times have been fine, nothing spectacular but for the price you pay for MTM fitted shirts, it's pretty good.

Sunscreenboy

Reaction score
Shirt ordered: Nov 1
Confirmed: Nov 2
Received: Nov 13

Very quick turnaround for me as well.

Anyone know the best way to reduce the extra room under the arm pit for Janzen? Would I just need to shorten the shoulder in order to achieve a higher ? Any suggestions?

Thanks all!

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Finally got to visit Ricky again in his new place last Thursday night. Staff was busy as usual as there were 5,6 people having shirts made at the same time. Ricky got my old file, asked if I need some adjusting then got me remeasured. Ordered 3 shirts which I picked up Saturday morning. Shirts could use a little improvement but I didn't have time to have it adjusted. All in all, I'm happy with the shirts- plus they were kind enough to give me HK$50 off from the price because I was with a couple of his regular customers.

lexmann

Reaction score
I faxed my order form to Ricky last night (afternoon in Hong Kong) and told him that my friend is going to pick up the shirt for me. Got he email this morning saying that the shirt is ready on Friday. So its good if someone can offer us proxy service in Hong Kong.

TEPLimey

Reaction score
Placed an order on November 21 by email. The automatic receipt shows that Jantzen read the email on November 22, but I have yet to hear anything from them.

This is my first time ordering from Jantzen. Is it appropriate to follow up? And if so, by what means?

raley

Reaction score
I have noticed that things have been getting much better as well. A colleague of mine ordered for the first time and received his first shirt in about 2 weeks, submitted another order and received that one in about two weeks as well. I submitted a 5 shirt order, received a call informing me that my fabric was out of stock about a week later, asking if I would like to pick a replacement. I received the shirts about 3 weeks or so after that.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads