• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • The Uniform/LA Lennon Loose Fit jeans drop is now live! Check out both the light Palms and dark Lithium Both are made from premium Japanese right hand 3x1 denim in the USA,. Uniform/LA is know for premium materials and meticulous pattern making. Support a small business built on quality and integrity.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where have you guys been doing B/S/T? I looked at the B/S/T thread here and it doesn't look very active. Grailed and eBay also seem to have very slow sales.

With so many frames being released I can't imagine there are thousands upon thousands of frames just sitting in shops.. although I suppose it's possible but would be a shame.

I stopped by a few third party shops this week and one location pulled out 5 boxes of back stock of frames (nothing remarkable, mainly odd styles and colors) dating back to 2017.

It would be interesting to find a list of frames with numbers and find out where they might be - kind of like a Beckett price guide where you could also see if the frames had even been sold.
There’s only one dealer somewhat near me in Tampa but he complains that the rep visits him last so he always gets the boring frames. When I get to Miami / Fort Lauderdale for work there are numerous JMM (Jacques Marie Mage - just in case any readers are unsure what we’re discussing here) stockists so it’s cool to be able to try on whatever they have. One small dealer in the FLL area had some really weird and whacky frames which I’m guessing were still left unsold from the very early days of the brand before JM found his design niche.
I think there have been efforts by JMM and others to organise an archive of all the history of the frames but I understand they have been far from complete.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just went down this rabbit hole. Obscure type of guy I am glad to know about now so I can also reference him when I feel there is an opportunity 😂

Wild guy. You a fan obecity?
There’s been some discussion on here about the naming of frames and how much JM can get away with. The speculation was that ‘Dealan’ was named as such as he didn’t have permission from Mr Zimmerman to use his name.
Which begs the question - did he have permission from Richard Ashcroft, the estates of Ferrari and YSL etc?
And while I love Magazine I find it a bit of a stretch to believe that Howard Devoto gave permission for his name to be used.

obecity

Reaction score
There’s only one dealer somewhat near me in Tampa but he complains that the rep visits him last so he always gets the boring frames. When I get to Miami / Fort Lauderdale for work there are numerous JMM (Jacques Marie Mage - just in case any readers are unsure what we’re discussing here) stockists so it’s cool to be able to try on whatever they have. One small dealer in the FLL area had some really weird and whacky frames which I’m guessing were still left unsold from the very early days of the brand before JM found his design niche.
I think there have been efforts by JMM and others to organise an archive of all the history of the frames but I understand they have been far from complete.
You and I have had our minor squabbles, but I want to give you kudos for taking to the habit of spelling out acronyms. It really does go a long way to making sure everyone is included in the discussion, even those of us who aren’t “up to date” or “in the know” of the latest slang. Thank you.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You and I have had our minor squabbles, but I want to give you kudos for taking to the habit of spelling out acronyms. It really does go a long way to making sure everyone is included in the discussion, even those of us who aren’t “up to date” or “in the know” of the latest slang. Thank you.
Yeah I know it must be a real conundrum for those visiting a thread with ‘Jacques Marie Mage’ in the title which is all about glasses made under that brand, to figure out what ‘JMM’ stands for in the various members’ discussions we have here, so I’m happy to help where I can. 👍

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One of the recent LF (Belvedere?) was offered in ‘Breccia’ which at first glance seemed to be a tasty looking argyle type but in a slightly more reddish brown. That was a great looking colour perhaps even better than argyle. One of the lads on this thread - was it Mickey P? - was snapping up LFs left right and centre and I believe got some of these. Definitely one of the best of the recent LF offerings but just not quite tempting enough for me to part with the neck end of $2k.😁 Also a pity they switched from thunderbirds to mustangs on the temple tips.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
I kinda dig these. If they were 47s I’d try them out but overall it’s a meh for me
IMG_9203.jpeg

Also had no idea Mos Def changed his name aka Cornrows aka prrrrrrrrrr

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I kinda dig these. If they were 47s I’d try them out but overall it’s a meh for me
View attachment 2248273

Also had no idea Mos Def changed his name aka Cornrows aka prrrrrrrrrr

He should ask Terence Trent D’Arby about the career limiting consequences of changing his name!😀😀

obecity

Reaction score
those yasiin zephirins are kinda wack lol
Wack as in “good” or wack as in “bad” (and I mean bad in the literal sense, not in the slang sense where bad means awesome)?

To me, I just don’t like the mish mash of colors. The eye box looks cool, but not the temples. JMTCWIYDMTI.

_AMD

Reaction score
Wack as in “good” or wack as in “bad” (and I mean bad in the literal sense, not in the slang sense where bad means awesome)?

To me, I just don’t like the mish mash of colors. The eye box looks cool, but not the temples. JMTCWIYDMTI.
I've ignored it as long as I possibly can, what is the deal with admonishing people ITT (in this thread) for not spelling out acronyms and then you repeatedly post as above (the bold is my addition)? Is this another goose and gander thing?

thecollector

Reaction score
I've ignored it as long as I possibly can, what is the deal with admonishing people ITT (in this thread) for not spelling out acronyms and then you repeatedly post as above (the bold is my addition)? Is this another goose and gander thing?
yeah I have no idea what he said

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ntsfas

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One of the recent LF (Belvedere?) was offered in ‘Breccia’ which at first glance seemed to be a tasty looking argyle type but in a slightly more reddish brown. That was a great looking colour perhaps even better than argyle. One of the lads on this thread - was it Mickey P? - was snapping up LFs left right and centre and I believe got some of these. Definitely one of the best of the recent LF offerings but just not quite tempting enough for me to part with the neck end of $2k.😁 Also a pity they switched from thunderbirds to mustangs on the temple tips.

Yes, the Breccia colourway is pretty attractive. I was about to get my hands on a Challenger, but someone else got it.

As you know, I'm not into the Last Frontier aesthetics.

Featured Sponsor

Do you coordinate your watch strap with your shoes or belt?

• Always

• Sometimes

• Never

• I don't pay attention

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kap