• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When I was hunting for red Dealans - before I finally got the Optica Toscana in vermillion - I came across these:

I never saw Dealans in this colour, certainly not on the JMM site, so concluded that they’re either fakes or else they were released soooo long ago they even pre-date my own interest in the brand. And lest we forget I’ve been inhabiting this here internet message board thread since page 17! 😎😄

JessBob

Reaction score
When I was hunting for red Dealans - before I finally got the Optica Toscana in vermillion - I came across these:

I never saw Dealans in this colour, certainly not on the JMM site, so concluded that they’re either fakes or else they were released soooo long ago they even pre-date my own interest in the brand. And lest we forget I’ve been inhabiting this here internet message board thread since page 17! 😎😄
I've seen an AD post those frames on FB in a comparsion with the Molino Marlboro. That's a website typo I believe. I think those are the Dorothy in Maraschino, not Dealan

JessBob

Reaction score

Since you're not on FB, here's the photo the AD posted comparing the Dorothy to the Molino 55:

315641791_10110319941062390_6549488776291408378_n.jpeg

obecity

Reaction score
Bwahahhaha. As someone who bought their first pair of JMM pre-owned off eBay at end of last August (2023), I'll take this as a compliment! Really curious though why you'd think this? hahaha

I just lurk on a couple of collectors groups, read/listen closely, and ask lots of questions when I visit and talk to both ADs and JMM gallerists. While I think it's somewhat amusing that you'd even think I work at JMM, I'm more amused at the idea that some of the JMM staff who monitor this forum would actually be really horrified with the idea that others would connect me with the brand lol (and I *do* think at least one if not more JMM employees scan this forum occasionally, if not regularly) as I'm def not the image any luxury brand or anyone involved in sales would want to project; think the opposite vibe of most JMM ad campaigns and you'd begin to get an idea hahaha

But thanks for the question. It was really funny to wake up to it 🤣🤣🤣

[Edit: Shameless plug -- if any actual JMM employee(s) read this and want to reach out with any paid remote side-gig opportunities (doubtful!), some of your gallerists know who I am by now and know how to contact me irl. Any extra income streams are always appreciated hahaha]
Hold up. HOLD UP! How likely is it that there are JMM operatives in this here electronic bulletin board? If so, I’d like to know who so I can give the feller an earful about the horrid prices! REVEAL YOURSELF! O

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since you're not on FB, here's the photo the AD posted comparing the Dorothy to the Molino 55:

View attachment 2171011
Hmmm interesting. You may be right. Those Dorothys are a bit too effeminately curvy for my tastes. Close to the Dealan but no cigar!
I have seen other pics of translucent red Dealan-ish alleged JMMs on the internet with grey lenses so I may be conflating myself here!

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@ anyone who remembers my face and fit pics, any recs for optical frames? just putting out a feeler, may not buy anything.

I own Dealan, Fellini, Schindler, and an Akila shaped equivalent to PCH/Rodeo.

The Edie crossed my mind, but I don't know if it would be too heavy. Fellinis are my heaviest frame.

JessBob

Reaction score
Right hand column, eighth row down …

you're absolutely right. there was also a Dealan Maraschino at one point in time

Looks like there was also a Lake in Maraschino released in 2021. I would guess they all came out around that time maybe? [Edit: scratch that... I just saw an old Twitter post announcing Maraschino colorway in 2019]

Take a look at this Dealan Maraschino... $309!!! Ahhh the good ol' days, right!?

This has the makings of an epic grail quest!

Last edited:

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you're absolutely right. there was also a Dealan Maraschino at one point in time

Looks like there was also a Lake in Maraschino released in 2021. I would guess they all came out around that time maybe? [Edit: scratch that... I just saw an old Twitter post announcing Maraschino colorway in 2019]

Take a look at this Dealan Maraschino... $309!!! Ahhh the good ol' days, right!?

/[/URL]

This has the makings of an epic grail quest!
Good find. Looks like they were legit but pre-date my discovery of the brand by quite some time which is why I never saw them in the flesh. It’s a great colour anyway and definitely worthy of a revival

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@ anyone who remembers my face and fit pics, any recs for optical frames? just putting out a feeler, may not buy anything.

I own Dealan, Fellini, Schindler, and an Akila shaped equivalent to PCH/Rodeo.

The Edie crossed my mind, but I don't know if it would be too heavy. Fellinis are my heaviest frame.

Devaux, Picabia, Godard.

Edit: I think the Edie would work as sunnies. Another good option as opticals, not so bold, could be the Wagram.

Last edited:

LuisedPicked

Reaction score
This is a great score although I’m surprised if you got those at retail as I’d have thought they’d have all been long gone.
I remember when these came out - love that translucent red but I passed on them as the smaller Molino fits me well so I reckoned the 55 would be too wide. I was hoping that we’d see more of that colour (Marlboro?) - I think I’ve seen JMMs in ‘Miraschino’ which is similar and when I was searching around the web I’ve seen Dealans in a translucent red which is a colour / frame combo I’d never seen on the official website so my spidey sense was twitching that they were fakes.

Anyway hope you enjoy these - very nice bit of kit making me slightly jelly there!

I bought them from a collector in my city, who had never worn them. I also got some other pearls that I'll pick up on Monday. All at practically a discounted price, with no extra charge.
Regards

Jerkstore

Reaction score
Went to the JMM store in Palisades. Lovely place. Great location. Picked up the Lankaster in Agar. Edit-and my wife picked up the Picabia in Beige 2 and it looks lovely.

Last edited:

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Devaux, Picabia, Godard.

Edit: I think the Edie would work as sunnies. Another good option as opticals, not so bold, could be the Wagram.
Devaux is the same niche as Schindlers, Picabia look like a cross between Fellini and Dealan. Godard is ok, looks like my Schindlers smushed with Dealans.

Wagrams are alright, a bit boring looking though.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RobynBroadway