• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

JessBob

Reaction score
As a Schindler admirer, can I just say that this is such a beautiful post to see haha.. especially that vintage tort!

I fully expect someone else to post *another* Schindler VT in the near future, hopefully sooner rather than later...

👀

shaking-eyes-eyes-shaking.gif

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is a great score although I’m surprised if you got those at retail as I’d have thought they’d have all been long gone.
I remember when these came out - love that translucent red but I passed on them as the smaller Molino fits me well so I reckoned the 55 would be too wide. I was hoping that we’d see more of that colour (Marlboro?) - I think I’ve seen JMMs in ‘Miraschino’ which is similar and when I was searching around the web I’ve seen Dealans in a translucent red which is a colour / frame combo I’d never seen on the official website so my spidey sense was twitching that they were fakes.

Anyway hope you enjoy these - very nice bit of kit making me slightly jelly there!

JessBob

Reaction score
Jokes aside, you seem to have a lot of knowledge and information, do you work at JMM (Jacques Marie Mage)?

Bwahahhaha. As someone who bought their first pair of JMM pre-owned off eBay at end of last August (2023), I'll take this as a compliment! Really curious though why you'd think this? hahaha

I just lurk on a couple of collectors groups, read/listen closely, and ask lots of questions when I visit and talk to both ADs and JMM gallerists. While I think it's somewhat amusing that you'd even think I work at JMM, I'm more amused at the idea that some of the JMM staff who monitor this forum would actually be really horrified with the idea that others would connect me with the brand lol (and I *do* think at least one if not more JMM employees scan this forum occasionally, if not regularly) as I'm def not the image any luxury brand or anyone involved in sales would want to project; think the opposite vibe of most JMM ad campaigns and you'd begin to get an idea hahaha

But thanks for the question. It was really funny to wake up to it 🤣🤣🤣

[Edit: Shameless plug -- if any actual JMM employee(s) read this and want to reach out with any paid remote side-gig opportunities (doubtful!), some of your gallerists know who I am by now and know how to contact me irl. Any extra income streams are always appreciated hahaha]

Last edited:

JessBob

Reaction score
I second the love for the Marlboro Molino. The only Molino I own, even after thinking this model was too tall for my face compared to an Aschroft I was trying on at the same time. I really love how the red pops and the translucency softens the frame and makes it more wearable for me than the Vermillion Toscana Dealans I tried on not too long after scoring a pair of these Marlboro

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I second the love for the Marlboro Molino. The only Molino I own, even after thinking this model was too tall for my face compared to an Aschroft I was trying on at the same time. I really love how the red pops and the translucency softens the frame and makes it more wearable for me than the Vermillion Toscana Dealans I tried on not too long after scoring a pair of these Marlboro
Ashcroft is probably my all time fave JMM frame. Always hoping they expand the colours as I have them in ‘prime’ (grey) but not enthused much by the other colour releases so far. Compared to standard Molinos there’s not a lot of difference dimension wise and they’re a similar look.
I have the vermillion Dealans and have no regrets but if there was a legit Marlboro Dealan or similar I might be looking to swap. Or else a regular Molino or Ashcroft in Marlboro. Getting seriously bored with so many new releases in brown tort and black!

JessBob

Reaction score
Ashcroft is probably my all time fave JMM frame. Always hoping they expand the colours as I have them in ‘prime’ (grey) but not enthused much by the other colour releases so far. Compared to standard Molinos there’s not a lot of difference dimension wise and they’re a similar look.
I have the vermillion Dealans and have no regrets but if there was a legit Marlboro Dealan or similar I might be looking to swap. Or else a regular Molino or Ashcroft in Marlboro. Getting seriously bored with so many new releases in brown tort and black!

Is there a difference between the "Diamond Cross" Marlboro in Molino and a "regular Molino... in Marlboro" besides the former being associated with Diamond Cross? If not, I occasionally see these Marlboro pop up on secondary and you should be able to score one easily enough without having to trade your Toscana Dealans

Jerkstore

Reaction score
Amex has $100 off $500 at Mr Porter and I’ve settled in the Molino as my first pair of sunglasses. They have the abyss pair and considering I need rx lenses and never consider the stock lense color, I grabbed them for $704 after tax and will toss in a more suitable lense color for me. My optical glasses are argyle so I wanted to go black with the sunglasses with some metal accents and these fit the bill perfectly.

obecity

Reaction score
Bwahahhaha. As someone who bought their first pair of JMM pre-owned off eBay at end of last August (2023), I'll take this as a compliment! Really curious though why you'd think this? hahaha

I just lurk on a couple of collectors groups, read/listen closely, and ask lots of questions when I visit and talk to both ADs and JMM gallerists. While I think it's somewhat amusing that you'd even think I work at JMM, I'm more amused at the idea that some of the JMM staff who monitor this forum would actually be really horrified with the idea that others would connect me with the brand lol (and I *do* think at least one if not more JMM employees scan this forum occasionally, if not regularly) as I'm def not the image any luxury brand or anyone involved in sales would want to project; think the opposite vibe of most JMM ad campaigns and you'd begin to get an idea hahaha

But thanks for the question. It was really funny to wake up to it 🤣🤣🤣

[Edit: Shameless plug -- if any actual JMM employee(s) read this and want to reach out with any paid remote side-gig opportunities (doubtful!), some of your gallerists know who I am by now and know how to contact me irl. Any extra income streams are always appreciated hahaha]
Ain’t no way, no how you’re not an industry insider or someone high up in the optical biz (business). You simply know too much about so much and have the inside line on any question or need that people post here. I simply won’t accept otherwise. In fact, I’d wager my incoming Earls that you’re JJ. (Please do something about your hairstyle and your prices.) That or you’re some sort of voodoo shaman.

JessBob

Reaction score
Ain’t no way, no how you’re not an industry insider or someone high up in the optical biz (business). You simply know too much about so much and have the inside line on any question or need that people post here. I simply won’t accept otherwise. In fact, I’d wager my incoming Earls that you’re JJ. (Please do something about your hairstyle and your prices.) That or you’re some sort of voodoo shaman.

In all seriousness, I have too much respect for the actual industry professionals I've had the privilege to meet or interact with these short few months to claim any of these, even in jest, but much appreciated. Maybe these comments will convince one to toss me a side-gig lol

Careful! Those Earls are too nice to lose. I'll settle for voodoo shaman to let you off the hook 🙏🏼

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there a difference between the "Diamond Cross" Marlboro in Molino and a "regular Molino... in Marlboro" besides the former being associated with Diamond Cross? If not, I occasionally see these Marlboro pop up on secondary and you should be able to score one easily enough without having to trade your Toscana Dealans
I’m pretty sure the DCs were Molino 55 and as the standard (smaller - 51) Molino fits me perfectly (see below) I can only assume the 55 would look way too wide on me. IIRC that’s why I didn’t jump on when they were released as I remember seeing them and loving the colour.

I don’t think a regular (smaller) Molino 51 in Mariboro or similar was ever released. If it was I’d be seriously interested.

I have Moscot Hyman in emerald which is a good looking frame similar to Molino but obviously not chunky JMM 10mm acetate. They also do this frame in translucent red. I had / have half a mind to go and grab a pair whenever I’m next in NYC for less than half the price of JMMs so if they didn’t get much face time in deference to my vermilion Dealans it wouldn’t be a huge sacrifice. I could also get them from the web shop of course but I’m trying to downsize my collection not expand it - notwithstanding any further news I hear about blue frames!!

Attachments

• IMG_9139.jpeg
    IMG_9139.jpeg
    153.1 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_9140.jpeg
    IMG_9140.jpeg
    137.8 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_9141.jpeg
    IMG_9141.jpeg
    244.9 KB · Views: 121

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads