• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

Prometheus195

Reaction score
Are the JMM stores in LA generally regarded as the best source for frames? Lots of selection v retailers?
I have a good relationship with someone at a JMM boutique, and a good relationship with a couple of third party retailers. I like to get pictures of frames before I buy them to be sure they are free of defects, and they both provide that service. The JMM boutiques often, though not always, get stock before other retailers. They had the new Reynolds before I even knew they were coming out, but I am still waiting for another frame that some other stores have already. Also, having a good contact at the JMM store can be useful when you need repairs done.
I don't really know about their overall selection because I've never visited in person and I am pretty specific about what I am looking for. They have some frames you can no longer find online, but they aren't unique in that regard.

JessBob

Reaction score
Not a Hemmings in Agar that people are looking for, but I got wind of a Hemmings in Genbu that should be posted on eBay in a minute or two

Also, same seller will be selling an Ascari in Noir.

Both listed at BIN prices of 650

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

JessBob

Reaction score
Threesome!

triplet.jpg

Camel arrived today, while Argyle arrived earlier this week. VT I've had for two months now.

All released four years ago in 2020, but still found them at ADs. Just gotta do the extra effort of digging!

Last edited:

qubed

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right on. The Schindler in Empire were my first ever JMM. While I haven't worn them in awhile, I'm definitely gonna start again.

1_Schindler_Empire_Front.jpg

JessBob

Reaction score
Right on. The Schindler in Empire were my first ever JMM. While I haven't worn them in awhile, I'm definitely gonna start again.

View attachment 2170737

I bought one in Empire four months ago, pre-owned, full kit, and returned it because the temples had been dramatically shortened and the lenses had been swapped for prescription, though original lenses were included. The first Schindler I ever tried on

My absolute biggest regret. Huge remorse. I'm still not over that. I should have kept them and taken to a skilled optician to swap the lenses and restore temples to original state instead of returning to seller. That will always, always sit heavy with me until I find another Empire to replace it

Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 8.56.47 PM.png

Last edited:

oudwood

Reaction score
Threesome!

View attachment 2170707

Camel arrived today, while Argyle arrived earlier this week. VT I've had for two months now.

All released four years ago in 2020, but still found them at ADs. Just gotta do the extra effort of digging!

As a Schindler admirer, can I just say that this is such a beautiful post to see haha.. especially that vintage tort!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics