• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just bought these Silvertons.

View attachment 2162889

Img_2024_04_07_21_39_40.jpeg

Omgomg, are you wearing your JMMs...at the beach!??? 🤯😮 @RegisDB9

Jerkstore

Reaction score
Picked up the Mantua in Argyle. First pair of JMMs. Very impressed. Only really found out about this brand in the last month after deciding I wanted something Japanese and higher end for my next pair going into my 4th decade. Should hopefully have them back with my rx next week.

IMG_3527.jpeg

Facultyofzen

Reaction score
Anyone have pictures of the earl silver? Trying to get a sense of how overpowering the gold is in it

Go back to page 1195.

threeleggeddog

Reaction score
Go back to page 1195.

Those aren’t actually the “silver” color. Those are the pacific color. I’m looking for the one they call (confusingly) “silver” which is actually silver and gold.

The pacific color is nice, but also seems to lack a lot of the sleazy appeal of the frame making it look a little bit like any other aviator. I feel like the two tone silver could per perfect but too much gold wouldn’t work for me

obecity

Reaction score
Ok. Now just hear me out on this. I don’t know if the following is true. I hope it’s not. Heretoforthwith is merely what I was told at a very reputable and high end optical shop by one of the fellers working there in the late afternoon. I’ll leave the name of the shop redacted, but it was in the Palm Beach area during my vacay a couple weeks ago. I kept it to myself because I didn’t want to scare anyone or be a rablerouser, but it’s been gnawing away at me. Again, this is only what I was told so TIFWIW.

The young salesfeller said that JMM (Jacques Marie Mage) has been in talks with Luxottica to sell the brand to them. I told him in a polite way that he must have bad info because that just didn’t pass my sniff test. He assured me that his JMM rep said that it’s basically a done deal, to which I told him that after Luxoticca takes the JMM brand there would only be one or two years left before the quality is absolutely garbage basement level.

Have any of you fellers here who are in the know or who have connections heard of such a horrid fate? I’m really worried about this!

Hannibal4242

Reaction score
Is this account some kind of outdated AI?
I literally have no clue what this means either.
“Lip arms”??

And what criticism? I didn’t criticize anybody
limp ... as in floppy I know its hard to understand what head gear means or a misspelling of a word but im sure some one with knowledge of the latin language could easily figure that out ... be better

threeleggeddog

Reaction score
Ok. Now just hear me out on this. I don’t know if the following is true. I hope it’s not. Heretoforthwith is merely what I was told at a very reputable and high end optical shop by one of the fellers working there in the late afternoon. I’ll leave the name of the shop redacted, but it was in the Palm Beach area during my vacay a couple weeks ago. I kept it to myself because I didn’t want to scare anyone or be a rablerouser, but it’s been gnawing away at me. Again, this is only what I was told so TIFWIW.

The young salesfeller said that JMM (Jacques Marie Mage) has been in talks with Luxottica to sell the brand to them. I told him in a polite way that he must have bad info because that just didn’t pass my sniff test. He assured me that his JMM rep said that it’s basically a done deal, to which I told him that after Luxoticca takes the JMM brand there would only be one or two years left before the quality is absolutely garbage basement level.

Have any of you fellers here who are in the know or who have connections heard of such a horrid fate? I’m really worried about this!
Seems weird they would have this much inside intel on a deal like this but anything is possible.

JMM and luxottica just don’t seem like a great match on the surface, but then again, luxottica would just want the brand name and would quickly kill the limited edition model so it would probably work from a business perspective. Doubt quality would get abysmal - would probably stay manufactured in Japan just like Oliver peoples and be sold as a premium brand for luxottica. Styling and design would definitely go more mainstream though.

I’m not concerned as I’ve already been more into other brands anyways lately. JMM hasn’t really felt like an independent customer centric lately. I’ve been more into brands like Ahlem, Theo, Akoni, etc - for this reason, I have no doubt they would sell the brand as every decision has seemed to be about short term financial gains rather than continuing to build a long term customer base.

Last edited:

Hannibal4242

Reaction score

well ... that sucks if its true ... same sh*t happened to Omas an Italian pen company that was bought out by a Chinese conglomerate and with in a year quality dropped to the point that sealed the fate of a 100+ yr old manufacturer ... death !!!

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
limp ... as in floppy I know its hard to understand what head gear means or a misspelling of a word but im sure some one with knowledge of the latin language could easily figure that out ... be better

I’ve only ever heard of “head gear” as rugby helmet/head gear.
You’re just talking about a hat?
You suck.
Still not even sure if you’re a real person or not.
If I asked AI to show me a picture of “personified toxic masculinity as depicted by a forum member who found out about designer sunglasses from an Andrew Tate video” then I’m pretty sure your picture is what is the AI would generate.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads