• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Earl Empire (from Facebook).

1000015495.jpg

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That feller was an influencer named Kevin Samuels who passed away far too early a couple years ago. He specialized in reminding men that the traditional masculinity that has been eliminated in the young generations is vitally important to the smooth functioning of a sound society. He was a big fan of eyewear, especially JMM (Jacques Marie Mage).

You sure? Cos that sounds a lot more like good ol' classic Douchebagery to me. 🤔

But then again I don't smoke cigars (cancer is a hoax btw), take car selfies in sweet rides or manage to get women's phone numbers by smooth talking about JMM, so what do I know. 🤷

Last edited:

Coach Chris

Reaction score
You sure? Cos that sounds a lot more good ol' classic Douchebagery to me. 🤔

But then again I don't smoke cigars (cancer is a hoax btw), take car selfies in sweet rides or manage to get women's phone numbers by smooth talking about JMM with them, so what do I know. 🤷
Kevin Samuels was a treasure

obecity

Reaction score
You sure? Cos that sounds a lot more good ol' classic Douchebagery to me. 🤔

But then again I don't smoke cigars (cancer is a hoax btw), take car selfies in sweet rides or manage to get women's phone numbers by smooth talking about JMM with them, so what do I know. 🤷
Wow. Just…..wow! Yeah so no. With all my respect, I’m sure I speak for everyone here when I say let’s keep it civil in here, Hoo Dog! There’s no reason for you to mock or denigrate other valued contributors to this board!!! IT’S NOT OK!!!!! I was merely stating what that feller KS (Kevin Samuels) was known for prior to his passing (and with which I’m told most level-headed folx agree). If you can’t behave in a civil manner, then you can take a long walk off a short cliff right into the sunset! (Metaphorically, that is. I wish you no harm.)

BTW, I assume you mean “because” in your second sentence. “Cos” is a mathematical abbreviation for the trigonometric function called “cosign”. All you young whipper snappers have reduced the state of modern language to rubble!

Last edited:

obecity

Reaction score
IT IS NOT A PROPER WORD! IT IS NOT PROPER GRAMMER!

Dictionaries are no longer the vanguards of language! They have become too accepting of slang as legitimate language to appease the overly vocal and obnoxiously ill-informed!!!!! “Cos” is a slang word! It is lazy. Unfortunately, modern dictionaries can no longer be trusted as authoritative resources, nor can the AP (Associated Press) resource guide.

This conversation is now over. I declare so!!! MOVE BACK ON TOPIC! I’m so sick of this flim flam!

obecity

Reaction score
Can we all just focus on JMM (Jacques Marie Mage)? I don’t come here to get baited into arguments. If this behavior persists, I’ll have no other choice but to leave the bulletin board for an undetermined time period. You all know what happens here when I do that!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads