• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

brillopad

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I stopped by the Hollywood JMM store today and was able to try a few things on. This store is smaller than the Abbott Kinney one and seems to have less inventory, but still nice.

I was really hoping to try the Leclair in agar but they only had it in sand. It's hard to get a good feel for the frame with a clear-ish color but it does seem promising. It's a bit on the smaller side but still has plenty of presence. I do like the sand/blue combo but not sure if I $900 like it.

IMG_1160.jpg

IMG_1159.jpg

I hoped to try on the new Devaux colors (they also have a beige/blue combo) but those are still preorder so not out in the wild yet, apparently.

45bur

Reaction score
Looks good
I stopped by the Hollywood JMM store today and was able to try a few things on. This store is smaller than the Abbott Kinney one and seems to have less inventory, but still nice.

I was really hoping to try the Leclair in agar but they only had it in sand. It's hard to get a good feel for the frame with a clear-ish color but it does seem promising. It's a bit on the smaller side but still has plenty of presence. I do like the sand/blue combo but not sure if I $900 like it.

View attachment 2158557
View attachment 2158559

I hoped to try on the new Devaux colors (they also have a beige/blue combo) but those are still preorder so not out in the wild yet, apparently.
Looks good. Frame looks bigger than the measurements would suggest

obecity

Reaction score
Now I’m curious as to how returned defective frames affect numbering. Say your Molinos were number X out of 250 and had to be returned due to defect. They send you a new pair, number Y out of 250. Do they then just sell number X to a hopefully less discerning buyer, or destroy them making only 249 in existence, or destroy them and have another pair made to replace that number (last option highly unlike IMO as I’d suspect all glasses of one frame - colour combo are created from one batch of acetate blocks created at one time).
Interesting question!

obecity

Reaction score

View attachment 2158557
View attachment 2158559

I approve of this frame, color and lens.

brillopad

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Looks good

Looks good. Frame looks bigger than the measurements would suggest
Yeah my thoughts too. Like a slightly more chunky possibly taller Dealan. Sweet. Appreciate the on face pics too which all provide valuable data points.

Thanks! I do have a narrow head so most frames tend to look big on me. These definitely fit me better than the Fellini, for example.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 2158557
View attachment 2158559

Lovely frame and great fit. The Leclair has the potential to become a new classic.

RonF

Reaction score
Does anyone know what frame this is? Looks like an LF, not sure what version or model. Love the wide temples!
IMG_1213.png

IMG_1212.png

obecity

Reaction score
lmao wtf is Reclaimed Masculinity
That feller was an influencer named Kevin Samuels who passed away far too early a couple years ago. He specialized in reminding men that the traditional masculinity that has been eliminated in the young generations is vitally important to the smooth functioning of a sound society. He was a big fan of eyewear, especially JMM (Jacques Marie Mage).

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yep, KS looked great in his JMM opticals. Made me want to find the Laramie in reserve. But no dice. If anyone has any leads…?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads