• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That’s the biggest issue: order now at MSRP or risk a price jump. With how frequently and severe the price increases have been, you’re almost certain to pay more. JJ (Jack the Jerk) is really sticking it to the people who are allowed him to play make believe as an American rancher.
To be fair, this Frenchman, JJ as you call him, is living the real American dream more than any of the Americans on this EBB (electronic bulletin board) care to admit. I mean rancher, motocross racer, long distance runner through Wyoming, LA, and Tokyo, wildlife preservationist, and contributor to sustaining Native American culture. And he’s managed to build a successful global optical business to boot that’s worn by celebrities and regular Joe’s like ourselves. Whether you think all or some of it is make believe or marketing hype, guess it’s up to you. I just find it ironic how you want to insult the guy about his business, but somehow he has got you captivated by JMM, even if it’s through the comraderie of this here EBB. Shoot, now I feel the need to do something besides scroll on my phone.

Last edited:

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To be fair, this Frenchman, JJ as you call him, is living the real American dream more than any of the Americans on this EBB (electronic bulletin board) care to admit. I mean rancher, motocross racer, long distance runner through Wyoming, LA, and Tokyo, wildlife preservationist, and contributor to sustaining Native American culture. And he’s managed to build a successful global optical business to boot that’s worn by celebrities and regular Joe’s like ourselves. Whether you think all or some of it is make believe or marketing hype, guess it’s up to you. I just find it ironic how you want to insult the guy about his business, but somehow he has got you captivated by JMM, even if it’s through the comraderie of this here EBB. Shoot, now I feel the need to do something besides scroll on my phone.
Well you could start with showing your support for Native American (NA) causes by emulating JJ (Jack the Jerk) and getting a ridiculous and risible (RAR) mid-life-crisis Mohawk style haircut. (MLCMSH)

oldripper

Reaction score
I received my Hemmings Teak in September already from an Italian shop.
On July 25th I purchased the Hemmings in Rover & Bloodstone. I received the Rover version on July 28th. The Bloodstone were listed as a pre-order to be available in September. That date was pushed back more than once (I emailed inquiries re status periodically). This morning I received notice from FedEx that I have a package arriving tomorrow from LA. I’m assuming it is the Hemmings, as I have made no other purchases from LA based companies. For what it is worth I purchased the pair for $795. They are now listed at $820 on the website.

This has not dissuaded me from making pre-orders. Most recently I purchased the Alfred in Hickory and the Alta with the aqua blue lens. That version of the Alta has since been removed from the website. I received an email from JMM informing me that the color of the Alta lenses has undergone a slight transformation between the sample and production units, so that they are now a “delightful lighter shade of blue”. I was offered a refund if I was opposed to the color change. I’m maintaining the purchase

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On July 25th I purchased the Hemmings in Rover & Bloodstone. I received the Rover version on July 28th. The Bloodstone were listed as a pre-order to be available in September. That date was pushed back more than once (I emailed inquiries re status periodically). This morning I received notice from FedEx that I have a package arriving tomorrow from LA. I’m assuming it is the Hemmings, as I have made no other purchases from LA based companies. For what it is worth I purchased the pair for $795. They are now listed at $820 on the website.

This has not dissuaded me from making pre-orders. Most recently I purchased the Alfred in Hickory and the Alta with the aqua blue lens. That version of the Alta has since been removed from the website. I received an email from JMM informing me that the color of the Alta lenses has undergone a slight transformation between the sample and production units, so that they are now a “delightful lighter shade of blue”. I was offered a refund if I was opposed to the color change. I’m maintaining the purchase
All a bit weird eh?
Someone on here tipped me off about Ashcroft in prime which I bought from a shop in Italy before they were even mentioned on the JMM website.
I called them recently - Told to leave a voice mail when in the olden days you could be assured of a human response. Left an email and no response 48 hours later when in the olden days you could be assured of a swift reply.

oldripper

Reaction score
All a bit weird eh?
Someone on here tipped me off about Ashcroft in prime which I bought from a shop in Italy before they were even mentioned on the JMM website.
I called them recently - Told to leave a voice mail when in the olden days you could be assured of a human response. Left an email and no response 48 hours later when in the olden days you could be assured of a swift reply.
A little weird. In their defense however, they did respond to all of my emails within 24 hours

Gordon_Shumway

Reaction score
Anyone know if the Fitzgerald is making a come back with new colors? Wonder why Fitzgerald isn’t getting any love lately with all these reissues / new color ways🤷🏻‍♂️

obecity

Reaction score
IKR (I know right)? I’ll agree with you on that. Jerome (the owner of JMM-Jacques Marie Mage) is living the Amercian dream more than I ever have or ever will, and I’m a true red, white, and blue American. I guess deep down I’m a bit jealous of that TBH (to be honest). Mix that in with that feller taking the frames out of my price range to where I have to be very deliberate about purchase, and I’m just fit to be tied. Dawg dang it though, despite all that, I still love the brand all my friends on this here electronic bulletin board!

oudwood

Reaction score
IKR (I know right)? I’ll agree with you on that. Jerome (the owner of JMM-Jacques Marie Mage) is living the Amercian dream more than I ever have or ever will, and I’m a true red, white, and blue American. I guess deep down I’m a bit jealous of that TBH (to be honest). Mix that in with that feller taking the frames out of my price range to where I have to be very deliberate about purchase, and I’m just fit to be tied. Dawg dang it though, despite all that, I still love the brand all my friends on this here electronic bulletin board!

Respectfully, can we please stop with the abbreviations as well as providing the definition. Just use the abbreviations and if we don't know what it means I'm 99% sure we'll figure it out from context.

If it is being intentionally done to poke fun or appear amusing, again, respectfully, it is not funny anymore. I think the horse is beyond dead.

My intent is not to stir up drama or hurt anyone's feelings here. Thanks for reading.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Respectfully, can we please stop with the abbreviations as well as providing the definition. Just use the abbreviations and if we don't know what it means I'm 99% sure we'll figure it out from context.

If it is being intentionally done to poke fun or appear amusing, again, respectfully, it is not funny anymore. I think the horse is beyond dead.

My intent is not to stir up drama or hurt anyone's feelings here. Thanks for reading.

+1 (plus one)

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who was that guy on SF years ago who had this weird way of writing just using commas and all lower case and odd phrasing? Don’t think English was his first language and it was intentional. It was excruciatingly painful to read but you wanted more of it. It was crazy.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Last several pages has just been a version of this amirite fellas?

IMG_6595.jpeg

oudwood

Reaction score
I finally got my hands on a Julien in Ocre today! It's my second frame and I just love the color and the shape. Super classy and great for summer and any other sunny moments.

I usually limit myself to a new pair of sunglasses per year, but I'm still wrestling with the Vendôme in Camel. Or, wrestling with coming up with an idea on how to pay for it haha. It blends so well with my collection thus far, don't you agree?

Vendome Camel
Julien Ocre
Plaza Agar

1000010511.png

Facultyofzen

Reaction score
There’s A Bloke On CM Who Insists On Capitalising The First Letter Of Every Word. He’s Been Pulled Up For It A Few Times But Refuses To Relent. Aside From Giving Himself More Work To Do It’s Also Excruciating To Read.

OMFG someone hand me the friggin razor blade now 🫣

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads