• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

JessBob

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Happy new year, wondering if anyone has some leads for me. My Tesla somehow was unlocked via bluetooth while I was at a restaurant and everything in my center console was stolen and that included 2 pairs of JMM sunglasses and vintage carerra.
So I am looking for an enzo in noir 8 (see screen shot) and a regular molino shadow (see screen shot).

Ideally a new pair that I can use my FSA and VSP insurance coverage.

Of course I'll google around myself too but any leads would be helpful TYIA

Fwiw, the molino shadow has been selling in the 500 to high 600 USD range on ebay, though last sale was in Apr 2023. An enzo noir 8 sold on eBay at end of Nov 2023 for 500 USD. Hope this helps as you negotiate secondary market. GL!

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Really sorry to hear.

FYI, there's a Molino Shadow on Grailed that I believe is very over-priced but you could try to make an offer for a more reasonable price:

Fwiw, the molino shadow has been selling in the 500 to high 600 USD range on ebay, though last sale was in Apr 2023. An enzo noir 8 sold on eBay at end of Nov 2023 for 500 USD. Hope this helps as you negotiate secondary market. GL!

Thanks folks, idk if secondary is a good option for me since I’m trying to use my yearly frame allowance and FSA but regardless good leads.

JessBob

Reaction score
Thanks folks, idk if secondary is a good option for me since I’m trying to use my yearly frame allowance and FSA but regardless good leads.

Ah yes, sry. Overlooked that important detail for some reason lol

Let me ask some ADs I've worked with to see if I can dig those up

TR14

Reaction score
Brah. That is the original black fade, not the inferior copycat color called black fade 2. I have those same frames with a silver flash atop Zeiss photofusion extragrey. I’ll say this though. I like that purple tint you have in yours. Too bad you lost them. I wonder if some nogoodnik scoundrel took them and kept them knowing that you were too pissed (that’s UK slang for “drunk”) to notice. Even a feller who is sloshed wouldn’t lose a pair of JMM.

I feel your pain. I lost a pair of prescription Barton Parera sunglasses whilst being pummeled by Caribbean Sea waves during a chillaxed vacay in the DR (Dominican Republic). No cap. However, knowing that they were lost at sea at least gave me some solace that nobody else would ever enjoy what was rightfully mine.

I’m glad you’re taking well. I’d be so flippin pissed (American slang for “angry”). Sorry that you lost them.
This really is your best work.

Would bookmark this post on X “app formerly known as Twitter”.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
One already got back to me saying he might have the Enzo in his store. He won't be back at work til Sunday to confirm but I'll let you know via DM.

sweet thank you, i found a pair online but they are out of network for VSP idk why.

ColdinMN

Reaction score
Curious to hear if there are any shops that work with VSP insurance and have a decent JMM selection. Eyes on Chagrin in Ohio reportedly does. The owner, Kevin, seems like a really good guy.

Any other recommendations?

threeleggeddog

Reaction score
I’m staying true to being done with jmm for the time being and exploring other brands. Thoughts on these Akoni’s?

Attachments

• B169A07A-BD59-43D7-AA76-BDB4D6B9F05D.jpeg
    B169A07A-BD59-43D7-AA76-BDB4D6B9F05D.jpeg
    162.7 KB · Views: 161
  • 40239DEE-1562-4651-ABCA-A0ECA5822539.jpeg
    40239DEE-1562-4651-ABCA-A0ECA5822539.jpeg
    145 KB · Views: 181

vanmosh

Reaction score
Curious to know if anyone has used the Vascos as opticals or has seen any images of them used as opticals?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads