• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

obecity

Reaction score
Yeah saw that, I didn’t order as I was disappointed in the black as it has gold hardware, moot point now it’s sold anyway, as does the Agar …I’m not a gold guy…..now vexing over the hickory. ….worried they will sell out too, but not sure of brown…..

the angst of being a JMM buyer…..
Agree. This is very annoying. I bought a pair of jaggers in the Mr porter configuration because they were available and in a color way that was “good enough”, not knowing if they’d be released again. After 30 days, JMM dropped the perfect frame color and lens treatments. I was (and still am) truly pissed off about it (upset). I don’t like these kinds of ding dang games.

obecity

Reaction score
JMM should give regular updates about colors, lenses, and frames that are in the work for the next year or so. DO BETTER!

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
My interest has kind of taken a nose dive but I’m sure something nice will catch my attention soon enough. Maybe a Jeff in OG VT would get me hyped again

MickeyPunch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ On that note, I recently skimmed through many of the older pages and did notice that a bunch of people stopped adding content regularly. I assumed in most cases the interest died down. It's kinda happening to me at the moment.

*older not other

Last edited:

Gordon_Shumway

Reaction score
^ On that note, I recently skimmed through many of the other pages and did notice that a bunch of people stopped adding content regularly. I assumed in most cases the interest died down. It's kinda happening to me at the moment.
Interest has definitely declined, I’ve noticed also a lot of people who used to post here and FB kind of dropped off… sales on eBay declined as well. I think it has to do with our little niche brand we
loved is growing to be much more mainstream now, instead of feeling lucky about scoring the new style for it to sell out, they are producing a lot more now and dropping new styles almost every few weeks it seems not to mention raising the price twice now to a point where it’s starting to destroy the bank account to even think of a new pair, I shudder to think what the next Last Frontier wave is gonna cost next year 🤦🏻‍♂️ I think much like marvel movies the public is feeling the JMM fatigue so to speak

obecity

Reaction score
Interest has definitely declined, I’ve noticed also a lot of people who used to post here and FB kind of dropped off… sales on eBay declined as well. I think it has to do with our little niche brand we
loved is growing to be much more mainstream now, instead of feeling lucky about scoring the new style for it to sell out, they are producing a lot more now and dropping new styles almost every few weeks it seems not to mention raising the price twice now to a point where it’s starting to destroy the bank account to even think of a new pair, I shudder to think what the next Last Frontier wave is gonna cost next year 🤦🏻‍♂️ I think much like marvel movies the public is feeling the JMM fatigue so to speak
Bingo. Interest has died down around here. Witness my attempt at a 1000 page celebration that went nowhere despite initial enthusiasm early on. It’s not surprising. The prices are unfair and insane, even for diehards like me. Totally unfair to stab a fan of the brand with prices like that! Plus, the brand is everywhere now. Not as niche, as they say. Agree, pure and simple.

Mulamoes

Reaction score
I agree with the lower interest caused by releasing new models every week along with the price hikes. Only “new” model I bought recently is that Quentin in Hickory Fade. The newer models doesn’t look interested and special to me anymore. I seem to gravitate to older models that are released such as the Dayton and Rawlins. I already made an entrance to Chrome Hearts so quite understandable.

obecity

Reaction score
Careful with the Chrome Hearts. Great stuff but oh so expensive.
I agree with the lower interest caused by releasing new models every week along with the price hikes. Only “new” model I bought recently is that Quentin in Hickory Fade. The newer models doesn’t look interested and special to me anymore. I seem to gravitate to older models that are released such as the Dayton and Rawlins. I already made an entrance to Chrome Hearts so quite understandable.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bingo. Interest has died down around here. Witness my attempt at a 1000 page celebration that went nowhere despite initial enthusiasm early on. It’s not surprising. The prices are unfair and insane, even for diehards like me. Totally unfair to stab a fan of the brand with prices like that! Plus, the brand is everywhere now. Not as niche, as they say. Agree, pure and simple.

I was here for the 1000 page celebration. Where were you??

MickeyPunch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It’s not just the price hikes etc. IMO

On my case the most “out there” frames don’t really fit me (neither my style nor my face as they’re usually too big), and there’s so many reinterpretations of a classic model I can own (this includes colourways).

E.g. the Shibusawa, it looks nice but not distinct enough from my Fellini or Plaza.

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^ On that note, I recently skimmed through many of the other pages and did notice that a bunch of people stopped adding content regularly. I assumed in most cases the interest died down. It's kinda happening to me at the moment.

IDK, there's only so many pairs of sunglasses that I can own and wear 🤷‍♂️

When a new model comes out, and I like it, I buy it. Recently I got the Belize, then the Vasco. I don't really need to get too many more, especially since I gotta put in prescription lenses.

tbh idgaf about the minute details between colorways. Basically, all the noirs look the same to me, as do the havanas, etc. I just don't care to belabor all the minutiae.

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IDK, there's only so many pairs of sunglasses that I can own and wear 🤷‍♂️

When a new model comes out, and I like it, I buy it. Recently I got the Belize, then the Vasco. I don't really need to get too many more, especially since I gotta put in prescription lenses.

tbh idgaf about the minute details between colorways. Basically, all the noirs look the same to me, as do the havanas, etc. I just don't care to belabor all the minutiae.
I had to google all those acronyms! I should come down from my tower more often.

Anyway, back to the regularly scheduled b1tch1ng about JMM prices and color nuances and frame details, y'all.

Pureneat

Reaction score
It’s not just the price hikes etc. IMO

On my case the most “out there” frames don’t really fit me (neither my style nor my face as they’re usually too big), and there’s so many reinterpretations of a classic model I can own (this includes colourways).

E.g. the Shibusawa, it looks nice but not distinct enough from my Fellini or Plaza.
It’s like they only ever do 2 types of wirecore, maybe it’s true….familiarity does breed contempt

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had to google all those acronyms! I should come down from my tower more often.

Anyway, back to the regularly scheduled b1tch1ng about JMM prices and color nuances and frame details, y'all.

I feel you, I live in the dirt

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well since we’re venting …

Price hike isn’t helping.
Frame shape and colour is subjective but I’m bored to death with black and brown variations.

Biggest reason why I’ve cooled off is that I have many bases covered in frames I like and believe suit me so I’m at - or at least close to - saturation point. It will take something really special to motivate me to pony up $800 or more for the next pair. I keep an open mind that it may still happen but with each new release that doesn’t inspire me I take comfort in the preservation of my discretionary budget remaining intact for the foreseeable!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads