• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever seen Molino 55's in Noir 6? I cannot find them, closest is Beluga or Eclipse. I am leaning towards Beluga as Eclipse is a little bit more loud with the exposed hardware...

TheKingofAFK

Reaction score
I had to look it up, I thought there were only 3 colours.

Wasn't aware of the "mirror" colours. Any reason not to go for "mirror" transitions? They have that reflective look which I'm uncertain of.
I've read and heard a few folks talk about the reflection, owning two colors for the last couple of years I've only noticed a reflection once and that was with the silver, it was in the hallway of a freshly polished floor with the sun coming through glass doors, anyone could've expected that result in that environment.

verver

Reaction score
IMG_5217.jpeg

Pre-ordered this for wifey for Mother’s Day

Facultyofzen

Reaction score
Wasn't aware of the "mirror" colours. Any reason not to go for "mirror" transitions? They have that reflective look which I'm uncertain of.
I have Hoya mirror flash transitions in my Tavat optical frames and I have to say I'll never get those again. I was never convinced by them even before my optician's recommendation, but the biggest issue for me is when you're indoors in a photographic situation, the lighting reflections along with any flash use simply yield some very unattractive results. I now take my glasses off for photos because my friends all say I look ridiculous and I agree wholeheartedly, it just looks horrible and I cannot replace them quick enough.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have Hoya mirror flash transitions in my Tavat optical frames and I have to say I'll never get those again. I was never convinced by them even before my optician's recommendation, but the biggest issue for me is when you're indoors in a photographic situation, the lighting reflections along with any flash use simply yield some very unattractive results. I now take my glasses off for photos because my friends all say I look ridiculous and I agree wholeheartedly, it just looks horrible and I cannot replace them quick enough.
Mmm I see, that was my concern. I'll pass then, thanks for sharing your experience.

ColdinMN

Reaction score
Hi all. Thinking of putting transition prescription lenses into my Walker Black Fade 2 frames.

Green, gray, and brown seem to be the choices.

Any suggestions from the group?

Edited: Sorry, I have asked this before.

Last edited:

Pechelman

Reaction score
Hi all. Thinking of putting transition prescription lenses into my Walker Black Fade 2 frames.

Green, gray, and brown seem to be the choices.

Any suggestions from the group?

Edited: Sorry, I have asked this before.

I went with the graphite green gen 8 (non-xtraactive) on a pair of black fade herbies. I can try to get you a photo or two with how they look when there's enough sun to make them do anything. Personally I'd go with that from those options. The grey is pretty black/dark and plain. The brown looks like poop brown (direct quote from my wife). The green at intermediate levels has a pleasant green to me and does get fairly dark outside as well.

I was contemplating going with RLE for getting another set of transitions in hickory taos but decided to go locally. Dropped them off Sunday and should have them back after memorial day. I went in thinking I'd get Transitions Signature Amber but walked out with Zeiss in Pioneer (Green). I was very tempted by the blue though...

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Got my hands on the Cortina Dealan in Havana and man is it slick. Realllyyyy like the plain face with no arrows. Instantly one of my favorites

Now I really want a Plaza in Ocre

Pechelman

Reaction score

following up with some photos during a quick step outside when the sun came out

The first compares what's appx full darkness on top compared to what it looked like after a couple of minutes sitting in the shade below. I tried to find a more neutral area to take the photo but it's what I could find.
full_half_dark.jpg

The second I tried my best to show the actual color by overlaying the lenses between an area of shadow vs light. What really indicates the real color is the clear portions of the black fade frame as it picks up the green from the lenses quite well. Hopefully that helps.

shadow_light_lens.jpg

ijgood123

Reaction score
I was probably at the same event! I purchased a new frame from the Kyosho collection and seriously considered a Plaza. The new frame is not expected to be released until September? View attachment 1957109 View attachment 1957111 View attachment 1957113 View attachment 1957115 Didn’t have the Ashcroft there, not being released until late May per the JMM rep. View attachment 1957117
Great choice! Is the lower/second frame the plaza? The top one looks like a less muscular version of the Fellini. Nice to see more optical-friendly frames.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads