• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

intensanity

Reaction score
My $0.02: London is one of my favorite colorways period, but, having worn both - the Black Caan is just far more balanced. Save London for another frame.

verver

Reaction score
Yeah so no. I have several pretty important social events that I plan on showcasing my collection, including a charity dance for CMT, a couple pretty high end vacations, and my HOA board meeting (I’m the treasurer for a large community). Looking forward to all the second glances for those who are floored by these great frames! Cheers!
Whut

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Clear Dealans. They go well with my white hair.

Attachments

• 20230408_201114.jpg
    20230408_201114.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 140

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Clear Dealans. They go well with my white hair.
Look good!
I tried on some clear Molinos some time ago. I liked them too but didn’t get them as I already own clear Oliver Peoples Cabrillo with blue lenses - one of my favourite pre-JMM sunglasses - so I didn’t want to replicate but it struck me that for anyone a bit shy of thick chunky JMM acetate, clear acetate frames go some way towards mitigating the severity of that look and may provide a way to dip a toe into the JMM pond without feeling like Elliot Gould in Ocean’s 11!

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I also like the fact that you can mix them with many outfits/colours (swimming trunk, jeans, chinos) as a neutral colour. However I use them in summer time/sunny days at the beach if I have to go to the beach bar or to a resto for lunch (do not wear any JMM at the seahore/boat). Good mix of colours for the ocean without attract to much attention as you said.
20230409_090331.jpg 20230409_090118.jpg

obecity

Reaction score
I also like the fact that you can mix them with many outfits/colours (swimming trunk, jeans, chinos) as a neutral colour. However I use them in summer time/sunny days at the beach if I have to go to the beach bar or to a resto for lunch (do not wear any JMM at the seahore/boat). Good mix of colours for the ocean without attract to much attention as you said.
View attachment 1936329 View attachment 1936331
I like this a lot

ColdinMN

Reaction score
Hi all. Is Jerome wearing a new release frame in this picture? Looks like the Herbie but I don’t think that’s what it is. Any ideas? Seems kind of conservative, which works for me.

The photo is from IG.

Thanks.

5B145F45-6BD1-4EDB-930A-493AB9A1B64C.jpeg

Mr Jay

Reaction score
Hi all. Is Jerome wearing a new release frame in this picture? Looks like the Herbie but I don’t think that’s what it is. Any ideas? Seems kind of conservative, which works for me.

The photo is from IG.

Thanks.

View attachment 1936741
Now that I take a closer look, I'm 90% sure it's the Arshile. Def not the Herbie or the Vendome

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads