• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

bobby jonathan

Reaction score
With all fairness, I can't believe anyone is taking either of these people seriously

Many of us, handsome men suffer greatly, from not being taken seriously 😑 Maybe, the solution is to make ourselves, look n feel ugly? But... I don't think that's fair 🤔

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Many of us, handsome men suffer greatly, from not being taken seriously 😑 Maybe, the solution is to make ourselves, look n feel ugly? But... I don't think that's fair 🤔

obecity

Reaction score
Yeah so no. To get back on topic. I remember hearing about a frame called the Saburo or some sort. Is that yet to be released and if so, are there any pics of it?

intensanity

Reaction score
If by chance anyone has an Off-white or Lava Taos they're willing to entertain offers on, send a DM. (Rover Taos too). Thanks gents. Have a nice weekend.

Last edited:

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah so no. To get back on topic. I remember hearing about a frame called the Saburo or some sort. Is that yet to be released and if so, are there any pics of it?

We already spoke about it, an oncoming model. Here in a picture by swf999.

saduro_brown (1).jpg

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
An amazing fit on the Schindler.

Screenshot (256).png

Was considering it, but the fact that it's declared as a women model bothers me, somehow.

Looking at this picture feel that the Vintage Tort 3 is really a rather bland version of the original (perhaps also because of the different combination with the lenses).

Last edited:

Guitar Preacher

Reaction score
Got my first pair today (Jaggers)

View attachment 1902057

Are these the Ritz colorway for Mr. Porter? The Jagger has grown on me a bunch those look great.

I won a pair of Sebergs on eBay the temples have a havana inlay which does not show up well in stock photos. Going put something similar to jmm’s “vintage green” lenses in them.
6722BC13-4206-49B3-998E-C378909A9175.jpeg

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1904005

Was considering it, but the fact that it's declared as a women model bothers me, somehow.

Looking at this picture feel that the Vintage Tort 3 is really a rather bland version of the original (perhaps also because of the different combination with the lenses)

Maaaaan who cares, they look great on you

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry, if I wasn't clear: the pictures is from Facebook, it's not me sporting the frame. Thank you, nonetheless.

Some time ago, Hodinkee declared that all watches are unisex.

About time we do that with sunglasses as well.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some time ago, Hodinkee declared that all watches are unisex.

About time we do that with sunglasses as well.

You're absolutely right, it's just a preconception, still bothers me. Similarly, It would be difficult for me to wear a lady watch.

Facultyofzen

Reaction score
I learned some time ago there is zero correlation - in fact in many cases an inverse relation - between the style of designers and the items they put out. Take a look for reference at Lauren with his tuxedo jacket and jeans combo, Lagerfeld with his weird high collar and fingerless gloves obsession, Flusser who’s just a fat sloppy mess … the list goes on.
Yes I agree with you, it's simply a misguided perception of reality. As a graphic designer myself, I see no connection between the two and Jerome is certainly not alone throughout history. Everything design and fashion is opinion based, and for sure success is a key indicator but nothing is right or wrong. Being an individual is what makes us unique. I kinda like his weird fashion sense but I'll say this, I absolutely despise his logo, but that's just my opinion which counts for zero.

tweedlover

Reaction score

View attachment 1904005

Looking at this picture feel that the Vintage Tort 3 is really a rather bland version of the original (perhaps also because of the different combination with the lenses).
Just as well you passed on it. That frame shape certainly doesn't do it for me.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Staff online

Forum statistics