• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone else with bad eyesight and 2+ pairs have trouble adjusting to frames when they swap pairs?

I swap between the Schindlers and Dealans, and the lenses are 44mm and 49(50?)mm respectively.

I notice it always takes me 2 days to adjust to a pair whenever I swap, and hasn't really changed over the past couple months.

Good news is, this is probably the best reason to stop my purchases right here.

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey gang, sorry to clog the thread - if anyone wants NIB Enzo Noir 4s, please lmk. Looking for $500 shipped

20220823_182051.jpg

20220823_182252.jpg

ColdinMN

Reaction score
Anyone else with bad eyesight and 2+ pairs have trouble adjusting to frames when they swap pairs?

I swap between the Schindlers and Dealans, and the lenses are 44mm and 49(50?)mm respectively.

I notice it always takes me 2 days to adjust to a pair whenever I swap, and hasn't really changed over the past couple months.

Sorry to hear that. Sounds a little excessive. I don’t think that’s normal.

Did you purchase the lenses from the same shop? Online or in person? Maybe the pupillary distance or segment height (if progressive lenses) are too different between frames. Or maybe the prescriptions are a little too off between the frames.

I switch between a few pairs routinely and it doesn’t seem to be an issue. Even pairs that I purchased through Zoomer or my local optician.

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Have you checked to see that the prescriptions were filled properly, including the measurements?

Are these single vision lenses?

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. Sounds a little excessive. I don’t think that’s normal.

Did you purchase the lenses from the same shop? Online or in person? Maybe the pupillary distance or segment height (if progressive lenses) are too different between frames. Or maybe the prescriptions are a little too off between the frames.

I switch between a few pairs routinely and it doesn’t seem to be an issue. Even pairs that I purchased through Zoomer or my local optician.
I purchased both lenses from a local shop in person with the same prescription.
Have you checked to see that the prescriptions were filled properly, including the measurements?

Are these single vision lenses?
Nope, how do I do that?

Yeah they're single vision lenses, not progressive.

PDub

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm on the hunt for a pair of Borodinos. Do any of you have a pair that you'd be willing to move on? Or know where to find? If so, please shoot me a PM.

There's a pair listed on the 'bay right now, but the seller's asking price is too hefty for me.
Cheers.

ColdinMN

Reaction score
I purchased both lenses from a local shop in person with the same prescription.

Nope, how do I do that?

Yeah they're single vision lenses, not progressive.

Take them back to the shop and have the lenses analyzed. They should be able to check for accuracy using a machine that reads the prescription from the lenses. If your shop will not do it, I would find one that does.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Curious to know what all you lads do with your extra swag. You know - all the swanky packaging - silk box, leather envelope, cleaning cloths etc.

It’s all very nice (even though we know the leather ‘pocket’ style case isn’t very good). With LFs you get the screwdriver tool and a very nice leather and woven zipped case …

The trouble is I’m scared to use it! On the one hand it seems too nice to want to get messed up, on the other I want to keep that stuff pristine in case I decide to flip a pair I can sell them with all extras. I think it would be a better trade off to knock $100 off the price and just sell them in a generic box! Right now all that stuff goes into the loft out of the way. All that nice gear never getting used.

lsterling

Reaction score
Curious to know what all you lads do with your extra swag. You know - all the swanky packaging - silk box, leather envelope, cleaning cloths etc.

It’s all very nice (even though we know the leather ‘pocket’ style case isn’t very good). With LFs you get the screwdriver tool and a very nice leather and woven zipped case …

The trouble is I’m scared to use it! On the one hand it seems too nice to want to get messed up, on the other I want to keep that stuff pristine in case I decide to flip a pair I can sell them with all extras. I think it would be a better trade off to knock $100 off the price and just sell them in a generic box! Right now all that stuff goes into the loft out of the way. All that nice gear never getting used.
I keep it all...got a pile in my office, in my closet...not ideal, but I'm also a freak about that stuff. I doubt I'd buy a pair without the goodies unless the discount was just ridiculous, even if the monetary value is next-to-negligible compared to the frame itself.

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm on the hunt for a pair of Borodinos. Do any of you have a pair that you'd be willing to move on? Or know where to find? If so, please shoot me a PM.

There's a pair listed on the 'bay right now, but the seller's asking price is too hefty for me.
Cheers.

Any color?

nightwatcher

Reaction score

I love all this stuff and use regularly, but on the other hand I never considered selling my pairs. Why would I?

lsterling

Reaction score
I’m at a point where I have so many pairs there’s some overlap. If I have pairs that aren’t getting worn I consider moving them on to a loving home!
Completely agree. I have some pieces that will never leave me and others that I like but maybe they don't suit my style as well as I would like, or I just don't like them as much as others, and I'd prefer to move them along rather than have a $600+ frame collecting dust in my box.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IuliaBartcovschi