• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Well with my two Cortinas, PCH/Rodeo and Tom
Ford Pablos I’ve almost reached aviator nirvana. Just want see how a Reserve Montana works out or even the green PCH. Hopefully no more cool aviators down the line…..

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Feels like those white Taos are my new PCH. Hopefully Maxfields comes out with more stock of their collab

1659221924028.jpeg

1659221937916.jpeg

1659221956787.jpeg

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you all! And thanks @d4nimal haha I still have that fear with each frame purchase. @lsterling I feel you dude! Despite looking at measurements I was still surprised at how big they are. @FlyingHorker I was totally afraid they would turn out to be too big and they do look kinda big in that pic but I have some where I popped out the lenses and they don’t look too-too big imo a lil geek chic-y? maybe cause you can still see my cheeks or something View attachment 1817630
Ok, yeah I see what you're going for. Similiar to the old military "Birth Control Glasses".

7d00f1e50f4ce1b3ab7b449f2c528f82--heart-glasses-eye-glasses.jpg

IMO Taos in another colour would be better for this. I still think Yves are too big, but it's just an opinion. I polled another family member and they said they loved the Yves Eclipse on you compared to the other frames.

I was also told that the Schindlers didn't suit me by a couple people, but I personally love how they look on me.

basscellosax

Reaction score
Hi guys!

Do any of you you have issues with slipping and sliding of JMM titanium frames (like Brion for example), and if yes how do you solve it?

elisiX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know this has been discussed somewhat before, but who did you get to do your frame adjustments? I've done mine once on the Taos at the shop I bought them from, but they still bother me after a few hours. I have a feeling the arms for mine might need to be adjusted to be straighter for longer and curve farther over my ears (I mostly get a little ear soreness), but I can't imagine that's super easy to do for a random optician and these bigass thick arms. Not sure if it's worth trying to go back to my local JMM shop and having them mess around and make potentially some big bends/adjustments if the frames at the end of the day are just bothering me because they're just too heavy for me to wear for an entire day. You're the only one, though, that I can remember saying your huge frames feel comfortable on you all day. Maybe it's some Aussie toughness.

If you recall my first pair was broken by not following some basic rules when adjusting Enzo. Basically don’t heat the barrels under any circumstances. Those frames were replaced entirely and from that point on I knew how to adjust them. Bridge and arm ends only.

Being hand made I found that no two pair of Enzo are alike. They either need tapering in or out. So minor adjustments got them to a point where they don’t hurt. For my RX pairs I made them a little more loose on the arms (less taper) so that I could wear them for longer periods.

With my Sun Enzo’s I’m wearing them out and about and don’t want to risk them dripping on the ground, so they’re a big more vice like on my head (though no pain or issues).

VBLA

Reaction score
Hi guys!

Do any of you you have issues with slipping and sliding of JMM titanium frames (like Brion for example), and if yes how do you solve it?

Sounds like a fit issue more than anything else. I have two pairs from JMM in titanium (Roy and Omaha) with minimal slippage. The acetate give me more problems. An optician gave me a great trick which seems to help me - from the above where the arms meet would meet your ears, push the ends of the glass arms down so they are more snug to your ears. Let me know if that explanation needs some finessing...

lsterling

Reaction score
Can't say I've ever been fond of white frames. Just too stark and washed out for me.
I loved those Eggshell Taos that I just sold but they didn't suit the way I dress. Very cool frame for someone who feels comfortable being a little more loud. Gotta be honest, I'll be sad to see them go tomorrow.

Pureneat

Reaction score
Coming back to this, I think it might be Prudhon in Rover but I'm really not sure.
Bit out there but they might not be JMM…….. they don’t seem to have the spear rivets at the front……hard to believe he’d wear something else but…..

lsterling

Reaction score
Bit out there but they might not be JMM…….. they don’t seem to have the spear rivets at the front……hard to believe he’d wear something else but…..
It's absolutely possible but that shape and overall style looks JMM to me. It's almost impossible to say for sure without a higher resolution image. I do know that he's a sunglass collector, especially of Vuarnet, but those don't look like Vuarnet at all to me.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
krow13