• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

SimModa

Reaction score
I think you chose very well, the Fellini in Hickory really suits you.

Look great on you! Welcome to the unofficial Wolf Pack (tm)

I appreciate the kind words. I’ve found myself losing or sitting on my other frames. That being said I wouldn’t have guessed I’ll be spending this much on a single pair sunglasses for those reasons especially when it could’ve gone towards my next NMWA purchase or watch fund. Echoing what Zenos just said, I’m much more confident in my decision after posting here and getting feedback. It’s easy to want every single frame in every ‘limited color’ so reasoning myself through every step was important.

By the way, I really like the very last frame on you that you posted of you wearing. It is a cool, modern John Lennon vibe, which you pull off very well.
Also like those Eyevans fwiw.

The Eyevans were actually a suggestion from the salesperson at 1269. She admitted to being biased to 7285s since she owns a larger personal collection of them than JMM. I believe the ones being referred to are the 717. I guess I don’t have a choice, everyone I’ve showed those pictures to has honed in on that particular frame. I’ll have to dive a bit deeper into Eyevan one day but the 717 are near of my list.

Besides the 10mm acetate frames we love JMM has some similar metal frames such as the the Aragon, Fontana, Seberg, or Harcourt. Haven’t heard or seen much of those JMM frames. Would love to hear thoughts from those that have handled both JMM and Eyevan.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a bit of a thing for those Sebergs. Loads of lenses claim to be green but I’ve never seen them as GREEN as those in the Sebergs. Like a bottle of Gordon’s Gin!

I can’t justify the price but can’t deny they look good and I was surprised how well they suited me.

conceptionist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ended up buying the Omaha in Antique.
Very satisfied with them so I am looking to buy another pair in acetate to be able to switch things up a bit.

So I tried a bunch of styles today. Both me and the salesperson found the Torino to fit me best. Leaning towards Havana 5 over Shadow but would again appreciate input. Also tried them in Platinum and Hickory but they did not suit me.

Havana 5
View attachment 1668694

Shadow
View attachment 1668697

I went for the Torinos in Shadow. Thanks to everyone who gave their opinion.

Like some others here, I suspect I have developed a mild addiction because I am already looking to pick up a third pair to complement my Torinos in Shadow and Omahas in Antique. Specifically, I am looking for a more bold and ”fun” frame in brown/tortoise/havana. After trying on a bunch and getting some suggestions from the sales rep I am now considering the ones pictured below. I would very much appreciate feedback again.

Kaine in Hickory with Seagreen lens
5EDC2F60-148F-4CD6-A058-84596F7F6340.jpeg

I like the frame-lens color combo but we were not convinced the harder angles and relative narrowness were the most flattering on me.

Torino in Hickory with Olive lens
061AD72F-B9B8-4204-9864-C28556C6E8BF.jpeg

I think the frame fits me well but although I like the color combo I am not sure it suit me better than the ones below.

Torino in Havana 5 with Bronze lens
966D4667-4DAA-455F-BD40-58B100F3A9F2.jpeg

These are good but perhaps not as ”fun” as the Dealans imo.

Dealan in Argyle with Bronze lens
0A686EA9-DC8F-4EBC-8275-2A920EC34841.jpeg

I dig that they are a bit extravagant and cheeky. For reference, I would wear them in a playful way with stuff from eg DvN, Marni, etc.

Hemmings in Havana with Olive lens
D8EF505F-7273-4106-A77D-6A02F819FAAD.jpeg

A bit too square and big imo.

Molino 55 in Havana with Deep Vintage Green lens
2C34B934-1535-40E2-8970-8FC66688FEBB.jpeg

These work but felt a bit safe compared to the rest.

Optical Molino 55 in Dark Havana
CB83D2F3-36AE-43C6-BFA6-B2F2F82452FF.jpeg

These were a positive surprise. I think the (relatively) thinner frame works especially well for opticals. As I’m not particularly satisfied with my current frame from Götti I might get these eventually.

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I like the first Kaine the best, although I think you can go for a bigger sunglass frame.

The Molino optical also looks good; the sunglasses, less so.

Out of everything you have posted, I like the Omaha the best by far.

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Like some others here, I suspect I have developed a mild addiction because I am already looking to pick up a third pair to complement my Torinos in Shadow and Omahas in Antique. Specifically, I am looking for a more bold and ”fun” frame in brown/tortoise/havana. After trying on a bunch and getting some suggestions from the sales rep I am now considering the ones pictured below. I would very much appreciate feedback again.

View attachment 1680363
I like the frame-lens color combo but we were not convinced the harder angles and relative narrowness were the most flattering on me.

View attachment 1680364
I think the frame fits me well but although I like the color combo I am not sure it suit me better than the ones below.

View attachment 1680362

View attachment 1680365
I dig that they are a bit extravagant and cheeky. For reference, I would wear them in a playful way with stuff from eg DvN, Marni, etc.

View attachment 1680380

View attachment 1680383

View attachment 1680382
These were a positive surprise. I think the (relatively) thinner frame works especially well for opticals. As I’m not particularly satisfied with my current frame from Götti I might get these eventually.

Agreed with Bry2000, the Kaines look the best. The Hemmings also look surprisingly good.

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I appreciate the kind words. I’ve found myself losing or sitting on my other frames. That being said I wouldn’t have guessed I’ll be spending this much on a single pair sunglasses for those reasons especially when it could’ve gone towards my next NMWA purchase or watch fund. Echoing what Zenos just said, I’m much more confident in my decision after posting here and getting feedback. It’s easy to want every single frame in every ‘limited color’ so reasoning myself through every step was important.

The Eyevans were actually a suggestion from the salesperson at 1269. She admitted to being biased to 7285s since she owns a larger personal collection of them than JMM. I believe the ones being referred to are the 717. I guess I don’t have a choice, everyone I’ve showed those pictures to has honed in on that particular frame. I’ll have to dive a bit deeper into Eyevan one day but the 717 are near of my list.

Besides the 10mm acetate frames we love JMM has some similar metal frames such as the the Aragon, Fontana, Seberg, or Harcourt. Haven’t heard or seen much of those JMM frames. Would love to hear thoughts from those that have handled both JMM and Eyevan.
I have handled and own both Eyevan and JMM. I think they do different things with different strengths. JMM, for me, excel at acetate and sculptural forms, and their trademark frames tend to be the chunkier and larger ones. This is not to say that their titanium or more understated frames aren't good, they just aren't necessarily what I think of when I think of the brand. JMM also oozes luxury in the hand in a way most other frames don't. I think that's a combination of the feel of that type and size of block acetate combined w/ a lot of the temple detailing etc.

Eyevan does (mostly) more conventional designs and their strength, I think, is in fine filigree metalwork and detail you won't necessarily notice from afar. I don't think their acetate is as good as JMM, tbh, but I also don't think that's what they really do. If you want a bolder chunkier frame in acetate, I don't think anyone does it better than JMM. If you want a more subtle but polished and slightly more interesting P3 shape metal frame, that's Eyevan's wheelhouse.

Just my opinion and my 2c, hope that helps in some way.

Goofy

Reaction score
Well, it finally happened after 2 months of deliberating, 4 visits to stockists, 400+ pages on this thread, and a bit of peer pressure..I got my first :cool:

My gateway drug of choice...
View attachment 1679868

Fellini in Hickory
View attachment 1679869

Heres what led up to this purchase. I had a phase where I scoured through photos on web and made a quite a few lists (colors, models and exclusives etc.). On top of those lists, I always found myself gravitating towards the A.S. Dealan 53 in Hickory & the Taos in Rootbeer. However, those would have been hard to find if at all. I had posted photos of a few frames I tried on at EB, after taking in that input I received, the Fellini was well on its way to becoming one of my favorites.

So before I was headed home I decided to stop by 1269. They had a great selection and not just JMM. Amongst their offerings I got to experience the Fellinis in Hickory (above) and Dealan 53 in Hickory, but unfortunately no Taos in Rootbeer or Hickory.

I thought this Dealan 53 was the A.S. Collab; however, these didn’t have A.S. branding or as detailed of engraving on the hardware, and like my Hickory Fellinis these came in seagreen lenses instead of blue. I did some digging online and I’m guessing JMM is rolling out a handful of frames (Fellini, Dealan, Tao, Kaine) in Hickory with seagreen lenses. It was a tough call between the Fellini and Dealan 53 in Hickory but I went with the Fellini since these Dealans felt like a lesser version of the A.S. Dealan 53. I’m not sure how my decision would have gone if I saw the Taos in Hickory. Having bought the Fellini in Hickory I think that still allows me room for get a pair Taos in Rootbeer…or Tempest or Glass or Rover..

Also, this is a bit silly but check out the serial on my Fellini’s.
View attachment 1679877
20/350, small detail but I found it cool

Here are some other frames I enjoyed trying on at 1269 and what I thought about them

View attachment 1679879 View attachment 1679880
HUGE, but in its own right it sorta works. Tempest is just so damn cool. Highly considering the Taos in Tempest over the Glass or Rover just because of these.

View attachment 1679887 View attachment 1679886
These have bit of chonk but the acetate color is interesting to look at. Rover>Royal. IMO Royal could have been better if they were ever so slightly translucent or even closer to actual Royal rather than Navy.

View attachment 1679884 View attachment 1679885 View attachment 1679882
View attachment 1679883 View attachment 1679907

Eyevan 7285. They had some unique frames and interesting takes on common shapes. There was one (not pictured) which had very small but highly detailed engraving around the lens rim, bridge, temples, earpieces, even nose pads but you couldn't those details unless you were very close. Details only for the wearer but still a pleasant surprise. A common factor that I noticed in this brand, was that I could barely feel their weight. Which, in a way, is good if you plan on wearing frames for extended periods of times. It was also cool to hear about the ethos of the brand & the manufacturing process in Sabae.

I want to say I am going to enjoy what I have for now; however, I can’t help but think about what’s next...Taos, Sage Fellinis, maybe Argyle Dealan 53s
Great choice. The Fellini fits you well.
However there is no such thing as a Dealan 53 AS. AS was only produced in the regular Dealan size.

Goofy

Reaction score

View attachment 1680363

View attachment 1680364

View attachment 1680362

View attachment 1680365

View attachment 1680380

View attachment 1680383

View attachment 1680382
In decreasing order I believe the Dealan, followed by the Kaine and subsequently the Molino Havana look best on you, but you could pull off any of those models.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads