• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

swf999

Reaction score
Here is photos of Herbie in Black Fade at Yesterday's Black Optical X JMM event. I tried the Cobalt but it wasn't suiting well on my skin tone. @lsterling felt the same way too. Just posting if people want to see them...

It peaked my interest too.. I am not used to see myself in wayfarer style frames. I like saddle bridge frames mostly. The blue packaging is top notch.

Also posting Ascari in blue. It is a fun frame but probably won't be a daily driver so I am not sure if I need to justify the purchase.

Definitely going to try the new Nakahira today.

Attachments

• E6Eb_TRc.jpeg
    E6Eb_TRc.jpeg
    280.2 KB · Views: 242
  • hYJsrBAg.jpeg
    hYJsrBAg.jpeg
    277.3 KB · Views: 242
  • 6K-KsvR0.jpeg
    6K-KsvR0.jpeg
    167.4 KB · Views: 308

tweedlover

Reaction score
Here is photos of Herbie in Black Fade at Yesterday's Black Optical X JMM event. I tried the Cobalt but it wasn't suiting well on my skin tone. @lsterling felt the same way too. Just posting if people want to see them...

It peaked my interest too.. I am not used to see myself in wayfarer style frames. I like saddle bridge frames mostly. The blue packaging is top notch.

Also posting Ascari in blue. It is a fun frame but probably won't be a daily driver so I am not sure if I need to justify the purchase.

I find it hard to imagine that color of blue looking good on anyone.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Maybe not your style, but the Herbie look pretty good on you.

I'd like to see the Nakahira. Already available to purchase or just to pre-order?

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I find it hard to imagine that color of blue looking good on anyone.

Yes, a weird colour, just for fun. I already said that I don't feel attracted by such flashy, funky colours, like this Turquoise, Stingray, Checquered, and also the new Cobalt. I think moreover that they don't suit the classy, high end nature of the JMM frames.

swf999

Reaction score
Maybe not your style, but the Herbie look pretty good on you.

I'd like to see the Nakahira. Already available to purchase or just to pre-order?
I think Kobo raised the bar so high that, it is difficult to match that. And I have Schindler and Ichikawa also. Schindler and Kobo are thick and chunky. Ichikawa is straight angular but still has some good acetate. So I am trying to decide where would Herbie be fit in? I am used to having thicker temples in all three of mine, whereas Herbie has wayfarer style thinner temples. Also it reminds me of Rayban wayfarer frames.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked up the Lakes off of holiday sale, they’re like the Schindler Sr. Reallly wanted the clear frames + pink lense ones, but the garnet was too good to pass on. Thinking of doing a dark green lens on these? But might keep tonal

View attachment 1866044

They look really nice on you. Another case of women frames looking good on guys.

swf999

Reaction score
Here are photos of
1) Nakahira in Titan black. (The Indigo blue is translucuent dark blue)
55-19. Frame Width 146. Lens Height 38.
2) Miglia in Agar. It has chunkier exposed gold wirecore temples. Rectangular with cuts on the bevels.
53-22. Frame Width 146. Lens Height 37
3) Saduro or Soduro in Black and Brown.
4) Comparison of my Kobo against Nakahira.

It felt like:
Nakahira is mini Kobo more wrapped around with thinner temples than Kobo's.
Miglia is beefed up version of Aldo. Rectangular.
Saduro is Evans without double bridge. More clean sophisticated look.

I liked Miglia over Nakahira as it compliments the Kobo. Kobo is curvilinear chunky whereas Miglia is straight lined rectangular beefed up chunky frame. Nakahira is so similar to Kobo that I felt would be duplicate. Miglia seems to compliment Kobo as a unique in that category of super chunky frames

All for pre-order only for May 2023.

Attachments

• nakahira_1.jpg
    nakahira_1.jpg
    203.9 KB · Views: 268
  • nakahira_2.jpg
    nakahira_2.jpg
    249.2 KB · Views: 246
  • miglia_agar.jpg
    miglia_agar.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 246
  • saduro_black.jpg
    saduro_black.jpg
    215.5 KB · Views: 232
  • saduro_brown.jpg
    saduro_brown.jpg
    251.9 KB · Views: 250
  • InShot_20221210_041853770.jpg
    InShot_20221210_041853770.jpg
    226.2 KB · Views: 257
  • miglia_specs.jpg
    miglia_specs.jpg
    222.9 KB · Views: 267
  • nakahira_specs.jpg
    nakahira_specs.jpg
    255.2 KB · Views: 238
Last edited:

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here are photos of
2) Miglia in Agar. It has chunkier exposed gold wirecore temples. Rectangular with cuts on the bevels.

It felt like:

I liked Miglia over Nakahira as it compliments the Kobo. Kobo is curvilinear chunky whereas Miglia is straight lined rectangular beefed up chunky frame. Nakahira is so similar to Kobo that I felt would be duplicate. Miglia seems to compliment Kobo as a unique in that category of super chunky frames

Thank you very much for reporting and for the pictures! I also share your considerations.

By the way, how does the Miglia compare with the Ascari? Much larger?

swf999

Reaction score
Thank you very much for reporting and for the pictures! I also share your considerations.

By the way, how does the Miglia compare with the Ascari? Much larger?
Miglia is definitely larger in dimensions also and feel too. The bevel cuts makes it chunky and adds heft.

fmvazquez

Reaction score
Here are photos of

It felt like:

Thanks for the pics! I like the Saduro a lot!

swf999

Reaction score
Here are photos of

It felt like:

It is called Saburo - Very retro 80’s Hollywood sleeze. Felt Domoto vibes!

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member