• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, both of those would work.

I also see that JMM has done stock turquoise, lighter blue, and purple (as with Whiskeyclone) lenses with the hickory frames.

Seems one can go in a few directions. Anyone else have a view?
That turquoise (I think they call it seagreen) is excellent too. Green and turquoise are very good options.

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Selling:
Taos (Fade) $400

I love them on everybody else, just not me :(

Comes with 2 sets of gradient lenses: (1) dark gray to pink (on the left), (2) dark gray lo light gray. Will of course install whichever set you prefer and set the other set along. No original lenses
In great used condition and will come with the boxes, etc. PM me for more pictures
Excellent frames and price. I might put those grey gradient lenses in my black Ichis. I was thinking about dark grey lenses but the gradient colorway is even better. Good luck.

Bingham

Reaction score
Can anyone speak to how dark the clear grey color is (not sure of the official name)? In some pictures they look fairly dark but in others they look like a slightly tinted clear frame.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
You think so? Plaza seems like a nice frame and can work as opticals as well as sunglasses. But the shape is pretty basic (in JMM terms) unlike the frames that get hyped here like the Kobo, Ichi, PCH, etc.

For some reason they’ve been the most talked about with the stockists I talk to. The Apollos too

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
For some reason they’ve been the most talked about with the stockists I talk to. The Apollos too
You may be right. The Plaza is similar in shape to the Molino (IMO), which is perennially a best seller. It is a good frame, which should fit many people.

I am going to look at it again when it is released. My first impression was that it was a little too big for me for opticals, but maybe it was borderline.

Among the upcoming stuff, the frame that interests me the most is the Domoto.

obecity

Reaction score
Howdy hi guys and gals! I’m obecity, and I now obsess over JMM. I made my first purchase about a year ago but didn’t realize what I had. Last month, I bought 3 frames. I crossed over from Cartier and CH. I am stuck on JMM, and that’s no lyin’!

Questions: I see references to “Apollo”, “Damoto”, and “Plaza”. From what I gather, these are new frames for 2022. What do they look like? Where can I find pics? How do you guys and gals find out about the these releases? I’m looking to buy more, but I’d like to know what’s coming down the pipe before I do. I’m researching like a mad squirrel, but some
of this info seems like deep insider news.

MícheálfromCDM

Reaction score
You may be right. The Plaza is similar in shape to the Molino (IMO), which is perennially a best seller. It is a good frame, which should fit many people.

I am going to look at it again when it is released. My first impression was that it was a little too big for me for opticals, but maybe it was borderline.

Among the upcoming stuff, the frame that interests me the most is the Domoto.
Just out of curiosity, what shape would you say the Domoto is? What material is it?

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
For people who have prescription lenses in the Taos, do you find that the lenses in your frames sit evenly? I've gone through two orders so far for prescription lenses in these things, and each time, one of the lenses sits slightly uneven in the frame, when compared to the other lens. I'm wondering if this is due to the frame itself or something about the company I'm using.

FWIW, I've had this optician make lenses for my Enzos, and those turned out fine. So I assume it's not about my prescription and lens size.

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For people who have prescription lenses in the Taos, do you find that the lenses in your frames sit evenly? I've gone through two orders so far for prescription lenses in these things, and each time, one of the lenses sits slightly uneven in the frame, when compared to the other lens. I'm wondering if this is due to the frame itself or something about the company I'm using.

FWIW, I've had this optician make lenses for my Enzos, and those turned out fine. So I assume it's not about my prescription and lens size.
I can’t say I’ve noticed anything on mine tbh. That’s weird I’ll take another look tonight before I go to bed and let u know if it’s weird.

Jaymig926

Reaction score

Attachments

• 05D07103-AD33-420A-BA16-3C6A355FFF8C.jpeg
    05D07103-AD33-420A-BA16-3C6A355FFF8C.jpeg
    303.8 KB · Views: 118

Facultyofzen

Reaction score

I had Taos replacements sent to me by JMM and what you explain is precisely how those lenses fitted. I was so disappointed I threw them away and got custom gradients.

dwiz

Reaction score
Away from home so I can't take any better pictures. Here's what I have from earlier in the week. Excuse my bed head and the bathroom mirror streaks ?
View attachment 1703607

It's going to take some time getting used to how big these are. The frame is gorgeous to look at in hand. I know I've said this before but rootbeer truly is such an amazing color. I've rationalized that these are different enough from my Hickory Fellinis, to keep. However, if I can pull it off is another thing entirely. Fellinis I can throw on with no worries but if I want to wear these it takes little more effort planning my outfits.

Speaking of the Fellinis, I just read you're going to be returning them. A little bummed because I love the frame shape so much. I still highly recommend picking up a pair in the future! Some great colors releasing soon.

sooo good, agree with everyone else, never take them off !

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
garrendavid777