• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m failing to see anything special about the Jeff other than it’s a riff off current JMM styles and is tailored to look great on his face (meaning it will look weird on mine). Prob still going to buy it though. ?

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score

1626207931574.gif

superstarlord

Reaction score
I really wanted to be all-in on those but I just don't see them working for me. I bought a pair of Enzos based on seeing Jeff wear them but these are a little lackluster in my opinion.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I have a pair of Prudhons, which I really like and wear as regular optical glasses. However, they slip down a little throughout the day.

I've been looking around for solutions. One is to put on those silicone nose pads, but they look thick and I don't want anything visible when worn (I think I don't, anyway).

61NgM2fBGgL._AC_SL1301_.jpg

Another is to use something called NerdWax, which seems to be some kind of chapstick application that you put on the interior nose area. I'm not crazy about applying something foreign to very expensive glasses, just in case they ruin the finish or something over time. I know skin oils can do that to acetate. Another problem is that you have to apply the stuff every day, which doesn't seem ideal. But online reviews of NerdWax seem to be good.

71i9-qXyjGL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Anyone have thoughts or tips? I feel like the ideal is a super-thin sticker that doesn't show at the front, which would avoid both problems above.

(Realize I can also bend the arms, but seeing if there are any other solutions).

Last edited:

Facultyofzen

Reaction score
I have a pair of Prudhons, which I really like and wear as regular optical glasses. However, they slip down a little throughout the day.

I've been looking around for solutions. One is to put on those silicone nose pads, but they look thick and I don't want anything visible when worn (I think I don't, anyway).

View attachment 1638501

Another is to use something called NerdWax, which seems to be some kind of chapstick application that you put on the interior nose area. I'm not crazy about applying something foreign to very expensive glasses, just in case they ruin the finish or something over time. I know skin oils can do that to acetate. Another problem is that you have to apply the stuff every day, which doesn't seem ideal. But online reviews of NerdWax seem to be good.

View attachment 1638503

Anyone have thoughts or tips? I feel like the ideal is a super-thin sticker that doesn't show at the front, which would avoid both problems above.

This Nerdwax interests me. I've had the same issue for 5 years with my Dita Buckeye opticals and as they have titanium arms it's not easy to reshape them for a snug fit.

heebalabala

Reaction score

View attachment 1638501

View attachment 1638503

(Realize I can also bend the arms, but seeing if there are any other solutions).

My wife recently got some heavy (non-JMM) acetates and she went with the thin silicone adhesive anti-slip nose pads. IMO they are fine. Yes, visible if you really get up close and scrutinize, but they're inconsequential enough that non-wearers aren't going to notice them. They are super cheap -- like $5 for 20 pairs or something on Amazon -- so it couldn't hurt to take a flier and give them a shot.

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone seen the Sandro Hornet in stock anywhere? Or Hickory or Jasper for that matter.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads