• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I share in this struggle. Hard to find anyone who's not a model, Jason Momoa, or Lebron wearing one. I offer myself as tribute (Rover, specifically.)
Looks good!

I’m thinking if I don’t love my Enzo Santos I might try out an agar thundercloud.

lsterling

Reaction score
Looks good!

I’m thinking if I don’t love my Enzo Santos I might try out an agar thundercloud.
Depending on why you don't love Enzo, Tcloud may or may not fit the bill. If you don't like the big-ness of the Enzo, Thundercloud is bigger.

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That’s actually the hole I’m filling with those. I’m typically a Fellini/Sterett size as my wheelhouse….but I want something chunkier and tortoise for a single oversize pair.
Depending on why you don't love Enzo, Tcloud may or may not fit the bill. If you don't like the big-ness of the Enzo, Thundercloud is bigger.

Facultyofzen

Reaction score
I just bought a pair of GT Solar

Let’s see what the hype is all about. I liked my Jagger but felt they were a bit ‘flimsy’. Hope these are better
The hype was more associated to the JPS colourway, not so much the other two options. I won't get involved in that 'other' aspect of why people were garnering interest in them as I think it's quite pathetic. I purchased some of these long ago instead of the Jagger – which I wanted to like so much – but I despised how wispy they were. I like a little weight and bulk on my navigator frames.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ended up buying the Jaggers and 1962s at a great price from a seller on the FB group. Although I was afraid they’d be too delicate, I love the weight on them and the contrast to the bulky acetate frames. Great for travel. Given how thin and light they are, you do have to be pretty careful with them, but I’m careful with all my ****, so not a big deal.

MícheálfromCDM

Reaction score
I share in this struggle. Hard to find anyone who's not a model, Jason Momoa, or Lebron wearing one. I offer myself as tribute (Rover, specifically.)
And YET again, you go to your model files and pull one out to share with the rest of us! Come on, use an average guy, not another super model! (nice photo of you)

Last edited:

threeleggeddog

Reaction score
Vendome Rover

Attachments

• 2042F717-0BF2-4282-8614-F2E3B6DA3544.jpeg
    2042F717-0BF2-4282-8614-F2E3B6DA3544.jpeg
    127 KB · Views: 188

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Anyone have pics of the Schindler on a dude? I’ve always wanted to try it but wasn’t 100% sold on it

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do we have any real live pics of guys with Thundercloud being worn? Besides Celebrities haha.

I’m really wanting to add another LF piece after Sterett
I got black Thundercloud when they first came out and posted pics on here so you might find that if the search function works. I sent them back as they were just too big on my narrow face. Disappointing as I loved the style but for that price you really have to love them.
I later got LF Rawlins in black and put dark blue flash lenses in and was VERY happy with the outcome as this frame suits me much better and I got all the lovely turquoise accoutrements.

Deangelo1555

Reaction score
i also prefer the less garish and I suppose, more conservative JMM and I have also looked at alternatives. Chrome hearts have excellent designs and build quality but dislike the embelishments and the childish double entendre model names. Another Brand that I like and own several models of is from a brand called Pewpols, who are an Irish Co. But using French manufacture of Japanese acetate.(I think).

as for the regrettable discord…..it seems inevitable as the brand grows and generates wider interest, best ignore.
Please continue to post, your contributions are always
valued.

Peace

JMM has started to tone things down quite a bit over the last year or two. Particularly with the temple designs. I think there are only so many exposed wire cores and filigree the market can take. Jerome is a great designer and as the market shifts, I'm sure he will adapt.

I think Cutler and Gross are doing good things at the moment. For fans of JMM, their more refined style works and I like what they are doing at the moment. Pewpols are also doing nice things and their new collection looks like it's going to be very interesting with the gold filigree. I also purchased one of their frames recently and it was nice.

Lunetterie Generale released some cool frames last year. I bought the Minuit from them. Great frame. A bit less garish than JMM.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Masoodadnan.com