• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Shoe Snob

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
It's quite strange to hear of how UPS acts in the US/CA. Here in England, I have always been able to phone up the company and pay with a CC, either prior to receiving the package (they will first send you a letter saying that you need to pay in order to clear customs) or after the fact when they send me an invoice indicating that I owe them money. There is always a number on the paper that you can call up and pay to. At least from this side of the globe...

On another note, here are a few things that I have been playing around with on my Wedgwood boot model. The cloth uppers are 2 new fabrics that I will start using most likely this A/W. Both will be available via MTO before then however....

Hope that you guys like them!

-Justin

WhereNext

Reaction score
I can see all of those looking great on the Holman boot as well, particularly the first and third ones.

Justin, are the top and bottom pictures' shafts a flannel? Tweed? Something else?

Looking forward to my burgundy/burgundy Wedgwoods arriving in Cape Town!

Yowzer

Reaction score
Well, came back home today and there was a brown box with the shoe snob logo wrapped around it waiting outside the front door. These came out of a peculiar pull-out red box within - a pair of Wedgwoods!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

I was surprised that the fit was pretty good from the get go, no pinching, pressure points etc. Only thing of note is its length which is just a little bit long, leading to minor heel slip (laces and extended wear should improve this with time). It's also my first pair of lace-up balmorals boots too so it took a while to figure out to how get it over both feet with minimum stress! And how to get them out!!!

The Wedgwood is a very light boot which I prefer, as expected from its country of manufacture. Justin was pretty accurate with the sizing advice too so this pair is a keeper. If only it'll stop raining so I can think about wearing them tomorrow! It is by itself a very unique boot. Looks like I've joined the ranks of @Trqmaster and others.. Thanks to all and to Justin for his level of service.

Trqmaster

Reaction score
Yowser! Nice boots! You can always use a thin insole to snug up the boot from end to end or a tongue pad to only reduce heel slip if the fit is not loose.

akoustas

Reaction score
For Canada at least, DHL will send you a text and you can just pay online. By far the easiest service I've used so far.

oh yeah and those boots are out of this world!

The Shoe Snob

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Here is a sneak peek of two of my new oxfords soon to be released. I took on many of your advice and did the Rainier on the MGF last in a merlot color. I hope that you all enjoy it (of course with a shine it will look much nicer).

I also just received some more replenishment stock on many of my Antique Brown shoes (including the Denim boots that everyone is showing, as well as my popular Tony II model). Check it out.

I wish everyone a great weekend!

Justin

Last edited:

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice! Question which I may have missed earlier.

I know you are making a narrower last for MTO's. Any plans to put a narrow in RTW?

GradSchooler

Reaction score
Very nice! Have you ever considered doing the Fremont II in navy calf?

The Shoe Snob

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Very nice!   Question which I may have missed earlier.

I know you are making a narrower last for MTO's.  Any plans to put a narrow in RTW?   

Unfortunately that will probably never happen as it is simply too risky and costly...sorry. My new last that is about to be released is quite narrow though, more so than my others

Very nice! Have you ever considered doing the Fremont II in navy calf?

Thank you!

No I am afraid not, think that it will have to be an MTO, but I do have a new navy calf shoe coming out very very soon

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads