• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J.Crew Spring/Summer 2013

Matto ELITE

Reaction score
I used my 20% discount (and free shipping) code on 2 shirts and a pair of the navy Vans Authentics. The discount applied to the shoes even though the fine print said it wouldn't work with third party items. Had I known it would, I would have been very tempted to get a pair of Alden Indy boots. Oh well, probably best that I didn't splurge on those right now anyway, even with the discount.

Right there with you. Only issue even if the code DID work is the size I'm looking at for the Indy's doesn't ship until August 7th

Matto ELITE

Reaction score
Holiday season maybe. However, you can do it if you stay up late. Whenever they have a promo (first day - usually a Monday), around 12:05 when it starts, nothing is immediately excluded. This is the window to get it done.

This past December Aldens weren't excluded for a while until someone there caught it, but they still honor the purchases.

I'm pretty bummed I missed that. I picked up the plain toe Chippawea in late 2011, but I really want the Indy's. Seems they are more expensive everytime I look at them
sly.gif

poena

Reaction score
Thanks.
Yea not looking for jeans but mostly chinos from there. I was in the store the other day and they kept telling me the urban slim was their slimmest cut.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Never tried on the 484 chino's before, are they similar to the davis chino's from Club Monaco?

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Never tried on the 484 chino's before, are they similar to the davis chino's from Club Monaco?
I find the 484 to be a bit slimmer in the waist and more tapered at the leg. I recently tried on the Davis and did not find their cut to be especially slim; in fact, from the knee down I found them boxy

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I find the 484 to be a bit slimmer in the waist and more tapered at the leg. I recently tried on the Davis and did not find their cut to be especially slim; in fact, from the knee down I found them boxy 

I find the Davis to be pretty much perfect. Not extremely slim. It's slim to me but not extremely slim like how folks like it. I'll try out the 484 for the hell of it.

Matto ELITE

Reaction score
Signed up for and was approved for J Crew's Credit Card yesterday.

$25 gift card for every $500 you spend (not including taxes, fees, etc) and special 30% off sales more frequently throughout the year at no annual fee? Sounds good to me.
happy.gif

barrettdudley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks.
Yea not looking for jeans but mostly chinos from there. I was in the store the other day and they kept telling me the urban slim was their slimmest cut.
Dude, my J.Crew tells me this too. "Oh, yeah, the Urban Slim is the same fit as the 484." No, it's not. I don't know why they say that.

I still wish the 484 tapered about a quarter inch more. The way the ankle is distressed on the sun-faded chinos makes them flare just a bit more than I'd like. Actually prefer Gap's Lived-in Slim.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Dude, my J.Crew tells me this too. "Oh, yeah, the Urban Slim is the same fit as the 484." No, it's not. I don't know why they say that.

I still wish the 484 tapered about a quarter inch more. The way the ankle is distressed on the sun-faded chinos makes them flare just a bit more than I'd like. Actually prefer Gap's Lived-in Slim.

A tailor could fix that taper for you for probably $10 or so.

sdedalus1

Reaction score
Agree on Gap's lived-in slim being as good or better than 484 washed. And at half the price (not counting the costs borne by Bangladeshi garment industry workers), even cheaper on sale. $40 + 30% off = $28. Ends today.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads