• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew Spring/Summer 2011 Discussion

corneliusparky

Reaction score
Does anyone have either of those sweatpants? Are they somewhat slim fitting (can be worn out) or just garbage bag ass-y?? Are they TTS?

Kvc06

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The utility are slim fitting and can be worn out, I just confirmed today that they are $58 in store, the style number was the same. I wear a 32 and I fit into the size S fine

mellowfellow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
5903315557_5c860d13e9.jpg

Aggie13

Reaction score
Originally Posted by deez nuts
for those who have the 484 selvedge denim and have worn them for a while, how much do they stretch? a SA told me they dont stretch much and to stick to my true size...i'm a true 32x30. but i've heard others saying to get the 31x30. thoughts?

I have 2 pair of the 484. The resin crinkle and black resin crinkle. The indigo resin crinkle have not been washed and have stretched quite a bit BUT the black resin crinkle have been washed and have NOT stretched much. I live in Texas so they don't get worn too often here either.

I personally didn't mind them stretching since I didn't like them being too tight.

deez nuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Aggie13
I have 2 pair of the 484. The resin crinkle and black resin crinkle. The indigo resin crinkle have not been washed and have stretched quite a bit BUT the black resin crinkle have been washed and have NOT stretched much. I live in Texas so they don't get worn too often here either.

I personally didn't mind them stretching since I didn't like them being too tight.

sorry for the confusion, i was referring to the raw pair.

Mr. Bananagrabber

Reaction score
Originally Posted by deez nuts
sorry for the confusion, i was referring to the raw pair.

They don't make a 31 waist in the raw I don't think.... I usually get 31 inch waists in Jcrew jeans, and originally sized up to the 32x32 raw 484's but they were super loose. So I returned them for the 30x32s which were a touch tight in the waist at first, and have stretched to be comfortable, but nothing too dramatic. I have only worn them about a dozen times though. No washes.

deez nuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Bananagrabber
They don't make a 31 waist in the raw I don't think.... I usually get 31 inch waists in Jcrew jeans, and originally sized up to the 32x32 raw 484's but they were super loose. So I returned them for the 30x32s which were a touch tight in the waist at first, and have stretched to be comfortable, but nothing too dramatic. I have only worn them about a dozen times though. No washes.

they sell them in 31, i'm actually selling a pair in my listings lol (length is too long). but from what you said, i should get the 31 x 30 rather than the 32 x 30.

scientific

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
oh hai i picked up some "summer weight" khakis at their outlet store this weekend. can anyone tell me what this corresponds to in the normal stores? these seem nicer than the essex pants ... but maybe im confused. also they had some sick graphic tees in the factory store that i cannot find in normal store or online
frown.gif

pimpmystyle

Reaction score
I've ordered several shirts from landsend canvas in small, and they fit pretty well (although sleeves are a bit too long).

How do jcrew slim fit shirts fit? Woudl a small in landsend canvas be comparable to a small in jcrew slim fit? Or, should I size down in jcrew slim to an xs?

deez nuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pimpmystyle
I've ordered several shirts from landsend canvas in small, and they fit pretty well (although sleeves are a bit too long). How do jcrew slim fit shirts fit? Woudl a small in landsend canvas be comparable to a small in jcrew slim fit? Or, should I size down in jcrew slim to an xs?
i dont own any shirts from landsend, but couldnt you just try them on at a j.crew store? from my experience, i get a S in the regular j.crew shirt as well as slim fit. the slim one fits perfect but after a big meal my stomach is bumpin uglies with the buttons.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads