• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J.Crew Fall/Winter 2012

Coopa

Reaction score
Are there any discount codes beside the 25% off sale items floating around right now?
Doubtful. Jcrew isn't usually secretive about discount codes (i.e., they post them on the website). Non-publicized sales are usually only for card holders. The current sale ends tonight so i'm guessing something new will start either tomorrow or within the next couple days.

Last edited:

sdedalus1

Reaction score

buy now before it's gone. 5% more ain't worth the risk of waiting

Yeah, I was considering trying to save ten bucks by holding out for free shipping on top of 25 or 30% off, but decided to go for it. Not sure the bright orange 484s will sell out any time soon, but I have an uncommon size, so what the hell.

:slayer:

fiestaplatypus

Reaction score
As the above post stated, it's from a while back...maybe 2010 or so. I have a mainline version in size Medium that I had tailored in the waist. Unfortunately, it shrunk in the drier and is now too small for me. I wore it maybe three times. If you're interested, I can try to get measurements for you.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I had a large in that shirt and it was too big after I lost some weight. I tried everything to get it to shrink, and any shrinkage I got was minimal. I was kind of surprised.

But I'm sure that the Crew will have another version of that this spring.

m4x

Reaction score
Can anyone here tell me about the sizes for oxford shirts?

I'm 5'10, always wear S in shirts (depends how tight they are around waist). What should I buy, their regular fit S or their slimfit S?

Last edited:

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I like the J. Crew's updated site showing some spring "style suggestions," especially the denim jacket combinations. I picked up a Levi's jacket last fall that I'd like to try some of these ideas with, The fatigue jacket/denim jacket idea is a good one.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Today's retail therapy had nothing to do with J. Crew. I bought gobs of socks at Dillards, which has 30 percent off on Ralph Loren Polo socks.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
At risk of seeming a traitor to the cause, Land's End has a good sale right now. I went to the local Sears-based store and picked up 3 decent oxford button-downs and a navy cable-knit sweater all for under $100. The OCBDs are decent enough for blazer wear or dressing down a suit, if you want to go that way--decent collar width for a tie, and unlike my JC OCBDs in medium, these medium shirts can be buttoned at the top button without straining (even though they are just slightly baggier in the body than the JCs). I got a blue gingham poplin, a faded blue stripe, and a plain light blue.

The navy cable-knit sweater is decent enough for only $22. A little thinnish but fits well.

Last edited:

zxu426

Reaction score
I like the J. Crew's updated site showing some spring "style suggestions," especially the denim jacket combinations. I picked up a Levi's jacket last fall that I'd like to try some of these ideas with, The fatigue jacket/denim jacket idea is a good one.
The suggestions aren't very practical. For one, it'll be harder to move around. Also likely too warm for spring. Fall/winter, maybe.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads