• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew Fall/Winter 2010 Discussion

REguy

Reaction score
I just received a half-zip sueded sweatshirt from the 40% sale. It's a medium, but this thing fits like a XXL. They also forgot to include one of the other items I ordered. Very disappointing.

Guus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by REguy
I just received a half-zip sueded sweatshirt from the 40% sale. It's a medium, but this thing fits like a XXL. They also forgot to include one of the other items I ordered. Very disappointing.

Whoa! Really!? Is it even on the package slip? I remember I ordered an item with some socks to get free shipping. The socks arrived at a later time.

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I picked up the indigo stripe utility shirt for $30 after the 40% off and I'm really happy with it...fairly lightweight fabric should be great for spring, asymmetric pockets and tab collar...surprised they put it on final sale as it's quite a nice shirt, better then I expected.

flee

Reaction score
Yeah, I kopp'd the wool-cashmere shawl collar cardigan from the 40% sale for $70 and am definitely happy with it. There is some pilling visible, but overall the quality is there.

Dr. Gonzo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by raptorrapture
I just ordered the University Coat in x-small thinsulate and it fits good, but looks boxy. Debating whether or not to snatch up the x-small slim version, but it's Final Sale so am wary. Anybody have recommendations on fit? Will x-small slim be ok for me?

I'm almost the same exact measurements as you(the ones you posted above) and just ordered the university coat in a xs, there was a 70 dollar price difference between the regular fit and the slim. Did it really feel that boxy that you couldnt stand it ? I figured worst comes to worst i'll just take it to a tailor. Also where does the jacket fall on you?

Dinky89484

Reaction score
The way I think about it, the slim shouldn't necessarily make the FIT of the University Coat smaller, should just rather have more of a waist suppression look to it? I can't imagine the shoulders and chest measurements changing from regular fit to slim fit.

raptorrapture

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo
I'm almost the same exact measurements as you(the ones you posted above) and just ordered the university coat in a xs, there was a 70 dollar price difference between the regular fit and the slim. Did it really feel that boxy that you couldnt stand it ? I figured worst comes to worst i'll just take it to a tailor. Also where does the jacket fall on you?

Originally Posted by Dinky89484
The way I think about it, the slim shouldn't necessarily make the FIT of the University Coat smaller, should just rather have more of a waist suppression look to it? I can't imagine the shoulders and chest measurements changing from regular fit to slim fit.
^
This.

It doesn't make the coat any smaller, just looks skinnier in the waist.

I couldn't stand the boxiness of it. It was pretty much a square from the arms down. Made me look bulky. I got it when they had the 40% off sale, so the price difference between the two was negligible (probably $10). Either way, I would still pay the extra $70 for the way it fits now. The jacket falls just beyond my crotch.

Dinky89484

Reaction score
Originally Posted by raptorrapture
^
This.

It doesn't make the coat any smaller, just looks skinnier in the waist.

I couldn't stand the boxiness of it. It was pretty much a square from the arms down. Made me look bulky. I got it when they had the 40% off sale, so the price difference between the two was negligible (probably $10). Either way, I would still pay the extra $70 for the way it fits now. The jacket falls just beyond my crotch.

I know what you mean. I got the Wool Langham Jacket in a size Small and shoulders, sleeves, chest all fit good but it's boxy. If only they made it slim with some waist suppression it would look nicer.

raptorrapture

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dinky89484
I know what you mean. I got the Wool Langham Jacket in a size Small and shoulders, sleeves, chest all fit good but it's boxy. If only they made it slim with some waist suppression it would look nicer.
I have the wool Langham jacket too (in XS though) and I think the fit is slightly better than the university coat. It's like in between a slim and a regular on me, if that makes sense. But yeah, a slim size would have been preferable. Great coat though, very versatile. Probably my favorite piece of outerwear for the winter.

Lifeson22

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Picked up the British Millerain oilcloth field jacket for 120 today - Hope it fits well.....usually a small but ordered in an XS as I hear it fits on the larger side.......

Newstyle

Reaction score
So my fair isle sweater, the first on they came out with this season, is beginning to unravel on the wrists, the waist and the underarms areas. I hardly wear it. Any one else have this issue?

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Newstyle
So my fair isle sweater, the first on they came out with this season, is beginning to unravel on the wrists, the waist and the underarms areas. I hardly wear it. Any one else have this issue?
Take it back to the store and tell them its defective.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Staff online

Forum statistics