• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew Fall/Winter 2010 Discussion

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mk.ultra
Interesting...those are pretty much made in my backyard

Have you been to their shop? It's awesome, so old school it isn't even funny. It's a couple hours north of Madison and I have gone up a couple times, once during the week when they were actually making boots and they took my brother and I on a quick walk through. It's basically an old building the size of a large garage with a few workers making boots. I still remember the one gentlemen sitting on a small bench, boot between his knees, hand-sewing the toe seam of the boot.

nemo

Reaction score
You need one of those tiny phillip head screwdriver. The bands are held in place by small cyliner with springs on each ends, push them in and the band will pop out.

adambz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by m.gway
How did you get the strap off the Timex?
Watches have these little things called "spring bars." Look for a YouTube video on how to take them out. I use the dull side of an x-acto knife, but there are specialized tools you can buy to do it.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kmdsimpson
Do you mean the CPO jacket? What didn't you like about it?
2 things - Fit was just a little bit off in the L and the XL was enormous. Also, I thought the wool/nylon mix was both scratchy and a lint magnet.

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mike868y
if you're looking for a badass shirt jacket, check out ll bean signature. I love mine.

Can you post some pics? I've been considering that piece.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by adambz
Watches have these little things called "spring bars." Look for a YouTube video on how to take them out. I use the dull side of an x-acto knife, but there are specialized tools you can buy to do it.

You can get them for $2 on ebay shipped to you straight from Hong Kong.

edit- You guys are so LAZY, I better post links.
$1.78 is the cheapest I could find. It looks like you can get two for 30 cents more, but you won't need two.

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Spring-Bar-L...item2c58b9c472
http://cgi.ebay.com/Watch-Band-Sprin...item5196fe75b1
http://cgi.ebay.com/Watch-Band-Sprin...item3f0646b196
http://cgi.ebay.com/Watch-Band-Belt-...item255efab8b7

fpr4

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jslade
That's not the same at all.

With that said, I've owned the J. Crew Timex for a few months now, and it's not worth the $150 price tag at all. Overhyped in their lookbook for something that must have cost them $20 to manufacture.

Here are some (crappy) phone pictures of my watch. Not the same as the J Crew version, but for nearly 1/4 of the price, the only advantage you're getting from the J Crew version is their blessing...

5369613755_c4192f1d6e.jpg

5370209474_4e32a2631b.jpg

5369611005_9f6487f73f.jpg

5370219240_f11acd5ba4.jpg

AEB A4

Reaction score
Also didnt feel like paying for the JCrew Timex so I went out to Walmart, picked up a watch and ordered some NATO straps. Turned out to be the watch I wear most often.
5369665007_6d8e85e96e_z.jpg

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fpr4
put together an alternative to the $150 J Crew Timex Field Watch for approximately $40. $34 at Timex and $6 at J Crew. Will put up pictures later...

Timex' Contribution

J. Crew's Contribution (deep olive)

Originally Posted by AEB A4
Also didnt feel like paying for the JCrew Timex so I went out to Walmart, picked up a watch and ordered some NATO straps. Turned out to be the watch I wear most often.

Good for you guys. People can quibble that it's not exactly the same as J Crew, but it's close enough. And in some ways it's better than their fake distressing. But no matter which you prefer, props to you guys for not falling for the J Crew hype and ridiculous pricing for the same brand, style, and quality of watch.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AEB A4

5369665007_6d8e85e96e_z.jpg

Good for you but you're a little late to the game. I did this more than a year ago.

Can we get over the J. Crew timex already? Yes, it's overpriced. So's a lot of their stuff. Like it and buy it, or hate it and ignore it.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KingCaru