• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is an Omega Seamaster appropriate at my age?

Bustersrq

Reaction score
This is my "well worn" seamaster older model..{I think I need to clean it}

. Just buy one!!!

DSC00110.jpg

Buster

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Are you sure that's an automatic watch? I thought the automatic Seamaster's have Professional Co-Axial Chronometer on the dial, whereas the quartz do not? I am no watch guy, so I may be wrong.

To clarify, not talking about buster's watch, but the one the OP has posted on page 1.

ZxExN

Reaction score
You drive an M3 and you're worried about a 900 dollar Omega? Does this sound like a troll to anyone?

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ZxExN
You drive an M3 and you're worried about a 900 dollar Omega? Does this sound like a troll to anyone?

yes you sound like a troll
devil.gif

its pretty reasonable to worry about your superiors looking at you with jealousy, i just dont think an omega is going to cause it.

I wear a Panerai, i'm 24.

My best friend wears a Stainless and Gold breitling cockpit, he's 21.

He just secured a position at Morgan Stanley, i'm sure wearing the watch during the interview. Thought he has bought a strap to tone it down.

ramuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To be fair he said 3 series, not a 60k M3 coupe per se. He could have a decent job, have graduated at 21 or 22 and be driving a 328i sedan. Sensible enough.

DDriver

Reaction score
Originally Posted by longskate88
I never experienced this, but if you live it a bad neighborhood, don't do anything stupid. Thieves probably won't know what brand it is until you're handing it to them with a gun to your back, if it comes to that. If you're unsure, you can always slip it into your pocket.
Ah, the joys of living in a state that gives me a license to accessorize with a handgun.
smile.gif
Buy the watch
smile.gif

tqd1

Reaction score

I drive a 2005 325i. You're the one making assumptions, I only said 3-Series in my original post.

I'm not a troll, just very conservative with my spending.

tqd1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by KtownGreg
Great watch for you age and positioin. At that price you could wear it for a few years then sell it. You could most likely get your money back. Good choice.

Ktown

That's the plan. Thanks! I didn't want to pay full sticker price for this watch brand new and take the hit on depreciation... but this deal is too good to pass up. The watch is only one year old and going for $900... I'm seeing 10-12 year old Seamasters going for $1,000+ on eBay.

ZxExN

Reaction score
Fair enough, but it's still a BMW. Unless he goes around with gold chains and diamond rings on each fingers, I don't think anyone cares. What's more important in terms of how people precieve you is how you act around the office and the relationship you develop with people.

ZxExN

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tqd1
That's the plan. Thanks! I didn't want to pay full sticker price for this watch brand new and take the hit on depreciation... but this deal is too good to pass up. The watch is only one year old and going for $900... I'm seeing 10-12 year old Seamasters going for $1,000+ on eBay.

Word of advice, if a deal sounds too good to be a true. lol I almost got caught buying some fake callaways when I first started off playing golf.

tqd1

Reaction score
Word of advice, if a deal sounds too good to be a true. lol I almost got caught buying some fake callaways when I first started off playing golf.

I will have it verified at Tourneau before forking over the cash. Plus the guy has the original box, chronometer certificate, and receipt from when he purchased it a year ago.

Any other precautions I could take?

ZxExN

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tqd1
I will have it verified at Tourneau before forking over the cash. Plus the guy has the original box, chronometer certificate, and receipt from when he purchased it a year ago.

Any other precautions I could take?

I'm no watch expert but taking it to a reliable place to have it verified is good. But if it is a scam, he will try to make an issue of it and if he does, red flag should be going off.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
have an independent person verify, just FYI by many of those watch places confiscate fakes. I would like something to return to the seller if it was found to be fake.

IMO, often when something is too good to be true, it is.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanantx24