• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

iPad 3

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The guy's an asshole. All these people who buy large amounts of stock to flip at these inflated prices are. It's one of the reasons the prices get so inflated in the first place.

Got to hand it to Apple though... seems to be the only tech company with products so desirable that this happens to. Sure this never happens with new Samsung, HP, LG or Motorola products.

Did anyone camp out for RIM's Playbook? .... probably not.

Last edited:

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Got to hand it to Apple though... seems to be the only tech company with products so desirable that this happens to. Sure this never happens with new Samsung, HP, LG or Motorola products..

Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft see this every new cycle of home video game consoles.

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft see this every new cycle of home video game consoles.

Oh yeh new video games consoles... doesn't really happen AFAIK with tablets, cellphones, PMPs or computers though, apart from Apple ones.

New Samsung Galaxy Note was launched recently, didn't hear about anyone standing in line for that. Certainly nothing like what happened at the Apple Stores in China, when the iPhone 4S was introduced here.

Last edited:

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Oh yeh new video games consoles... doesn't really happen AFAIK with tablets, cellphones, PMPs or computers though, apart from Apple ones.

New Samsung Galaxy Note was launched recently, didn't hear about anyone standing in line for that. Certainly nothing like what happened at the Apple Stores in China, when the iPhone 4S was introduced here.

Apple makes the most popular smartphone and tablet in the world. No single phone sells as well as the iPhone and no tablet comes close to the iPad. It's understandable that the hype creates long lines for the launches.

mussel

Reaction score
Summary:

- Retina Display, 2,048 by 1,536 pixels, or more than 3.1 million pixels -- a million more pixels than a 1080p HDTV.
- same price.
- supports LTE/4G, same carriers : AT&T & Verizon
- a touch thicker
- same external design
- new quad-core chip, double the graphic performance of the old chip
- 5 mega pixel camera
- 1080p video recording

Last edited:

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Same battery life as before. 9 hours on LTE... That's huge.

All around a fantastic spec update. :)

Still waiting to hear if they will keep the old iPad2 around at a lower price.

Last edited:

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
$399 iPad2.

Ok, so my $299 prediction was wrong, but they still hit $399 and that's going to be huge for the iPad. Guessing they may keep the iPad 2 around never year and drop to $299 then? Like how you can still get the iPhone 3S. Time will tell.

Last edited:

Willie5566

Reaction score
All in all a descent update to iPad. I think it met most expectations. Retina display was heavily expected. Perhaps the biggest surprise if you can call it that) is that Apple has embraced 4g. This almost guarantees the next iPhone will be 4g.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It's actually a big update. At least as important as the update from iphone 3S to iPhone 4. The retina display is key. That's what made the iPhone 4 so special. Once people see it in person they won't be able to go back.

I am curious what public perception will be. Apple didn't change the design like they did with the iPhone 4. Could cause people to assume its more of the same.

Willie5566

Reaction score

It's actually a big update. At least as important as the update from iphone 3S to iPhone 4. The retina display is key. That's what made the iPhone 4 so special. Once people see it in person they won't be able to go back.
I am curious what public perception will be. Apple didn't change the design like they did with the iPhone 4. Could cause people to assume its more of the same.

Well and that is exactly my point. The form looks the same, they kept the home button, etc. The iPhone 4 was a complete redesign vs. the 3g and 3gs. The retina screen should be great but it was probably the most anticipated feature prior to the official release. Still a good update but not really a stunner.

Willie5566

Reaction score
One thought I just had was there was no mention of the smart cover. I wonder if it will still work with the new iPad. I also wonder if you can use the same cases from the iPad 2 with the new iPad.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads