• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ad101145

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

My names Adam. I am a visiting tailor based in London, I have trained as a pattern cutter for 3 years and then decided to go into the visiting tailoring world. 5 years later and I now own one of londons finest visiting tailors.

oucho

Reaction score
Hi I'm Alek I'm 23, live in Brighton born in Brussels, I run a clothing line with my mum, some guys from care-tags sent me here <:^)

ghost650

Reaction score
Hello, I'm Thomas. I live in California and have lurked for a while and finally decided to actually join. I figured I have taken enough from this place that I should introduce myself. So thank you all for that.

Ontologist

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm a 28-year-old Ph.D. student in New England. I've been reading up for only a few months and in the process of discovering my style and improving my wardrobe. I'm getting married in September and it was thinking about suits and reading up on all the options in that department that got me interested in improving my fashion more generally.

I typically wear casual button-downs (e.g., plaid) that are too wrinkled, jeans that are too baggy, and boots with uninentionally distressed leather. But I've realized [some of] my mistakes and am trying to improve. I've been teaching a lot recently which gives me an opportunity to dress up without looking overdressed. I've started to wear blazers and chinos occasionally, which is adventurous for me.

I'm also a big guy, at 5'11" 215 lbs. I had a weightlifiting hobby for a while, felt damn good at 185 before getting a hip injury and quickly gaining 40 lbs. I'm hoping I can hit 185 or at least come close for my wedding, already lost 10 lbs. since a month ago. But I still can't do all the lifts in my old routine which is a challenge. Anyways, I think a lot of my typical clothes choices are not very flattering for my body type. I have a lot to learn!

Last edited:

Xoco

Reaction score
Hi,

Claude, 35 years old, France....

I love selvedge denim and Alden shoes. I come here to learn more about style.

Amerlock

Reaction score
Hi,

Mick here. After a long career in advertising wearing very casual clothing, I now work for a big company in a management role. So I've started to dress like a grown-up. I am partial to Italian clothing (Belvest, Canali, Zegna) and English footwear (Edward Green, C&J). I've been lurking here for several years and am excited to participate.

JBKuznia

Reaction score
My name is Jordan. I live in West Fargo, North Dakota and I work as a men's wardrobe consultant. I love fashion, and I am constantly looking to learn more about it as to best help my customers and myself. I enjoy reading the threads here, and decided to join so that I can throw my two cents in every once in a while. I look forward to interacting with you all!

jbeltramo

Reaction score
I'm Jacopo, italian student, fashion curious, streetwear addict.

I like to read, listen, draw, write, watch, party, jump, run, drink, meet, do casual things.

noborukun

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm noborukun

I'm a firefighter by trade, but also quite an elaborate list of other things.
I have enjoyed denims ever since I was first introduced to them (about four years ago)
I hope to contribute as much as possible.
A handful of the people I work with don't understand how to dress or why I spend the way I do.
I hope I can be amongst a community that supports my interests, as I hope to do the same.
Thank you!

FinPhillips

Reaction score
My name's Fin,

I'm a student, avid gamer, GUI designer and am currently in my final year of school before college.

I almost always overdress unless I'm going to work on the weekends (I wait tables at a local hotel),
primarily wearing a suit always with a bit of an overzealous pocket square.

I've very recently been experimenting with what I'm sure all of you despise, using suit jackets as sports jackets; taking care to wash my slacks the same time as their partnered jacket even if I wasn't wearing them so they don't look different.

Been a reader of various posts on the forum for a while, yet somehow only now ended up signing up!

So yeah, that's me-

Fin

Big Rod

Reaction score
Hi
I guess shoes is my thing. I have 36 pairs of shoes/boots which are goodyear welted and from a variety of quality manufacturers mainly located in Northamptonshire.
Also like tweed jackets.
Not as much money as I used to have, so keen to look out for quality at a good price.
Hope there are some tips, as we are not all 'super rich'.
smile.gif

mjstamos1

Reaction score
Ok this is my second account as I mysteriously got banned on my first after a single post. Anyway been lurking here for awhile and I want to thank this community for the valuable info in getting my personal style back on track. When I was younger about 20+ years ago a good friend of mine gave me some suits. (he worked at a fine mens clothing store) At the time I had no idea what Armani was but I had these Armani and Vestimenta suits I wore to work and it changed my whole perception of what it means to wear a suit. People called me sir and approached me instead of my boss assuming I was the one in charge. Years later when I got married the same friend got myself and my groomsmen Vestimenta suits at employee discounts... let's just say it was a better deal than I knew at the time. I remember saying we needed black and their tailor politely said we should get a charcoal suit as it would be more useful after the wedding and boy was he right. So long story short I wore these clothes out. Had them for many years until they finally fell apart. My job(s) really does not require a suit so I had various sport coats and blazers over the years and never really liked them or wore them much. I now have a new job that requires a bit of dressing up so I decided to look into it all these years later. That is when I found this forum and it confirmed and also pointed me in the right direction. Since I have nearly retooled my entire wardrobe I just wanted to send out a thanks!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads