• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Idiots in job interviews

dtmt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where are you guys interviewing that they actually give you their contact info? After deciding to leave my current position, I ended up with several offers without once sending a thank you note. Even if I had wanted to, out of the several dozen people I met maybe 2 gave me their business cards. What am I supposed to do, stalk them?

Last edited:

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score

Where are you guys interviewing that they actually give you their contact info? After deciding to leave my current position, I ended up with several offers without once sending a thank you note. Even if I had wanted to, out of the several dozen people I met maybe 2 gave me their business cards. What am I supposed to do, stalk them?

For my current job I contacted the facilitator of the interview and asked him to forward the interview panel my thanks.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Yup he did.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's not. I usually get people's business cards when I interview. They usually hand it to me. Also, if you're getting an interview there's usually some email correspondence beforehand to schedule times. I respond to that email sending my thanks.

dtmt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've also interviewed about 30 or so people at my current company. If any of them ever asked the recruiter to thank us, the recruiters never bothered telling us.

JohnGalt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Back to the original topic....

I was sitting-in while my old boss was interviewing a candidate. The candidate stated on his resume that he was fluent in German. When asked about it, he reaffirmed. What the idiot didn't realize was that he was talking to a native Austrian (who the **** can't pick up that accent?) and that we did most of our business with German and Austrian companies. My boss handed him a random memo from his desk and said "Ok, translate this." He failed massively.

Don't overstate your abilities.

crispeta

Reaction score

Don't overstate your abilities.

From my experience, this (overstating language ability) is very common in the US. As I speak several languages, I always found it quite interesting to change the language during an interview when someone listed "fluently" or "proficient" or "business" - and was unable to converse the least bit.

JohnGalt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah - and don't let out confidential information about your former employer...especially if you are interviewing with a competitor. I can't believe that people can be so stupid.

yes, I can

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's not. I usually get people's business cards when I interview. They usually hand it to me. Also, if you're getting an interview there's usually some email correspondence beforehand to schedule times. I respond to that email sending my thanks.

+1 to this. And I had business interviews mostly, banking, corporate finance and consulting. A few startups as well

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score

I've also interviewed about 30 or so people at my current company. If any of them ever asked the recruiter to thank us, the recruiters never bothered telling us.

Not recruiter. The admin staff who scheduled the interview.

yerfdog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

recently I interviewed some people in a hotel lobby at an airport. everyone knew that I was intervewing more than one person. at 10 am, I was still with my 9 am and didn't see the 10 am guy. I stand up, walk around the lobby, nobody makes eye contact with me, I go back to my 9 am and we keep talking. I do the same after about 10 minutes, then again 10 minutes later. at 1040 I say goodbye to my 9 am (who I ended up hiring) and walk ouf of the hotel with my bags and head to the attached airport, check in and go through passport control and security. at 11:30 the 10 am guy calls me, he was in the lobby the whole time but dind't want to interupt me. he saw me leave and still didn't want to interupt me. this is for a sales managment position.
LOL

yjeezle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so... i think the question everyone wants to know is.... what car do you drive?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads