• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ICC Cricket World Cup 2011!

Grammaton Cleric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del
Am I the only one who thought that Strauss was even better than Tendulkar yesterday ?

Commendable job by England to get so close. Poor show by India, unable to defend 337 against England ...

1. I agree - I thought Strauss was better in the game and deservedly won the MOTM award. Tendulkar is miles ahead career-wise though.

2. Cuts both ways - wasn't it a poor show by England that they leaked 338 runs to India? Both teams need to revamp their bowling and fielding after this game.

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Grammaton Cleric
1. I agree - I thought Strauss was better in the game and deservedly won the MOTM award. Tendulkar is miles ahead career-wise though.

Yes its rare that Tendulkar scores a century but doesn't win MOTM. Yes, Strauss was brilliant.

fwiffo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fwiffo
I guess Canada will go out without nary a chance to win with the result against Zimbabwe.

They have yet to play Pakistan :)

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Grammaton Cleric

2. Cuts both ways - wasn't it a poor show by England that they leaked 338 runs to India? Both teams need to revamp their bowling and fielding after this game.

No offence meant, but India is rated to be a superior team to England. Or at least thats what the Indian media wants the Indians to believe ...

I expected India to bowl out England for 250. There have been loads of times when has India collapsed to 200 in response to Australia's 325

feynmix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What an amazing innings from Kevin O'Brien. Fastest century in WC is no mean feat.

Let's see if he can finish it off with a win for the Irish!

feynmix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Congratulations Ireland. Fantastic game and an amazing win. India up next...

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by feynmix
Congratulations Ireland. Fantastic game and an amazing win. India up next...

All I can say is wow! What a game and what a performance!! This game and the India-England one have brought the WC alive! Are England in it just for the entertainment value? :)

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
woah, what a game.

in other news, WTF is wrong with the BCCI? what a bunch of idiots.

Umpire makes a decision, based on the rules and keeping consistency. Dhoni didn't understand the system. He commented on it without thinking properly about it (he'd probably admit this himself). ICC corrects him and defends the umpire and the system.

BCCI sends a ******* letter to the ICC telling them it was wrong to "criticize" Dhoni.

****. Noone should ever tell any Indian player ever when they get something wrong.

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hendrix
woah, what a game.

Umpire makes a decision, based on the rules and keeping consistency. Dhoni didn't understand the system. He commented on it without thinking properly about it (he'd probably admit this himself). ICC corrects him and defends the umpire and the system.

BCCI sends a ******* letter to the ICC telling them it was wrong to "criticize" Dhoni.

****. Noone should ever tell any Indian player ever when they get something wrong.

BCCI is the richest and thus can throw its weight around.

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ireland
worship.gif
worship.gif
worship.gif
worship.gif
worship.gif
worship.gif
worship.gif
worship.gif
worship.gif
worship.gif

Regards.

Mr Herbert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what a game. remember irelands jubilation after drawing with Zim last WC. can imagine there will be a few headaches after last nights celebrations.

also, the BCCI are morons.

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hendrix
woah, what a game.

laugh.gif
, the sense of entitlement of BCCI, the Indian team and the Indian cricket fans is
facepalm.gif
worthy. NExt, BCCI should propose that every 4 that an Indian makes should be counted as 8 and every 4 scored against them be counted as 2.

I suggest that India should have played in the finals directly. Rest all teams compete amongst themselves to take on India in the finals.

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pakistan all out for 184. Against the awesome bowling of Canada !!!!!

Regards.

PS. Whew!! That was interesting!!!!

Mr Herbert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
dang they tried their hardest to throw the game for the bookies and still didnt manage to lose
tongue.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads