• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I Need a good tailor in DC. Suggestions?

Robwynge

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aph999
I've used Field's and will go back for my most recent suit purchase. He did a fair amount of work on a Brioni of mine last year and I was really happy with the quality of work (aside from the standard hemming, he did some additional work on the seat, waist, jacket sides, sleeve length plus functional buttonholes). He's a pleasure to deal with and a real class act.

How much did Field's charge for all that work? I have been using Christopher Kim and had him do similar work on a suit for me (minus the buttonholes). He charged me $270. It would be nice to know how that compares to others.

Thanks!

knittieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I used Kim and he did a very good job. Not cheap, mind you, but probably no more expensive than Field's and closer to downtown. He charged me $150 to fix the back and collar, and $125 to let out the seat and front and hem the pants. It does sting a bit when he mentions the price but the results really look good so I'll go back.

sosoma

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rjmaiorano
Hahah.... I'm in DC from SD and would LOVE a good mexican place!

I'd give Casa Oaxaca in Adams Morgan, and Oyamel in Chinatown a whirl. From personal experience, the latter is kind of fancy pants Mexican, but very good. The former is well-regarded as well.

aph999

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robwynge
How much did Field's charge for all that work? I have been using Christopher Kim and had him do similar work on a suit for me (minus the buttonholes). He charged me $270. It would be nice to know how that compares to others.

Thanks!

My recollection is that it was about 380.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads