• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I just had the most terrifying dream

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Shhh, and yes, she is the perfect girl to marry so I will be good.

FYI we have a deal: it's okay if it's P4P, they have a penis, or she doesn't know.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason

FYI we have a deal: it's okay if it's P4P, they have a penis, or she doesn't know.

Lol sounds like a keeper.
lol8[1].gif

chuckseabreeze

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RSS
I once had a dream that I told my mother I was getting a divorce and she responded, "You do and you're out of the will." Oh wait ... that wasn't a dream.

Did she follow through with this threat?

TheDarkKnight

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

P4P - honestly I have to use urban dictionary everyday on this forum
biggrin.gif

To be fair I guessed it as "pay for poon" so was pretty close.

TheDarkKnight

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyway, I'm 24 now but will I live to be 25, the way these things are going, I don't know. (Yes I will live to be 25, it's in 11 days)

25 is pretty young to be getting married these days, so perhaps your dream was warranted
wink.gif

"Figures from the Office for National Statistics show that marriage rates are the lowest since records began, with the number of weddings in 2007 down by a quarter compared with 1991.

People are also waiting longer to marry, the average groom being now almost 37 years old and the bride nearly 34

marriage rates have plummeted due to Job scares, divorce payoffs and that lavish do - The average cost of a wedding is now over £20,000. So it is easy to see why, if you are worried about redundancy or are a young couple who can't get a foot on the housing ladder, getting married may not be a priority."

I want to get married in the next few years, but it will be a registry office followed by awesome holiday for me and my wife - not spunking up 20k of debt to please others!!

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chuckseabreeze
Jesus...For reals?

I'm sure that includes second/third/fourth marriages. The average age of first marriage I am sure is still much less than that.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chuckseabreeze
Did she follow through with this threat?
Fortunately I didn't have to find out ... things turned around.

Sherman90

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MetroStyles, everything is good with her. Actually, she called me a couple weeks back and wanted to talk, it was the "Russell, I'm not getting younger... and I'm still not married..." talk, she wanted me to give her a spreadsheet schedule for the rest of our life, which ended up in me convincing her to wait and see where we are after she finishes grad school in a year instead. Anyway, I'm 24 now but will I live to be 25, the way these things are going, I don't know. (Yes I will live to be 25, it's in 11 days)

What makes you say that?

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight
25 is pretty young to be getting married these days, so perhaps your dream was warranted
wink.gif

"Figures from the Office for National Statistics show that marriage rates are the lowest since records began, with the number of weddings in 2007 down by a quarter compared with 1991.

People are also waiting longer to marry, the average groom being now almost 37 years old and the bride nearly 34

marriage rates have plummeted due to Job scares, divorce payoffs and that lavish do - The average cost of a wedding is now over £20,000. So it is easy to see why, if you are worried about redundancy or are a young couple who can't get a foot on the housing ladder, getting married may not be a priority."

I want to get married in the next few years, but it will be a registry office followed by awesome holiday for me and my wife - not spunking up 20k of debt to please others!!

I agree with this- spend not a lot on a wedding, spend a lot on a long, awesome experience for both of us. And if we get killed in Yemen, well, it's probably still better than being married for the rest of our lives. /cynical

spb_lady

Reaction score
I agree with this- spend not a lot on a wedding, spend a lot on a long, awesome experience for both of us. And if we get killed in Yemen, well, it's probably still better than being married for the rest of our lives. /cynical

"My wife and I pondered for a while whether to take a vacation or get a divorce. We decided that a trip to Bermuda is over in two weeks, but a divorce is something you always have."

Woody Allen

just remembered
laugh.gif

ShelterIslandMike

Reaction score
Before you get married, make sure you get a legal pad at Walmart and write down everything you know that your future bride is doing to make money. You'll need that later - for the divorce - when she tells you that she gave up her career as the highest paid rocket scientist in the world in order to marry you and help your career. Also, get a diary and make a notation every single time you get laid throughout your marriage. That way, later on, you'll get to know exactly how much she's been charging for *****.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rodriked