• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I Just Bought a... (Wine, Spirit, or Beer)

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
Bought my first bottle of Tito's today. Very clean.

agreed! It's really cheap as well.

Szeph el raton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ama
Enjoy, but you have better stuff in your cabinet now.
+1
For 'mericans the Cuban stuff might be a bit mystic, but here in Europe it is Havana Club and Bacardi that is the typical super market rum. Get a bottle 7 años and perhaps a bottle barrel-proof just for collectings sake but don't expect much, you already have better stuff.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ama
Enjoy, but you have better stuff in your cabinet now.

True. But I can't get it at all here. Hence why I want it (plus I don't want to make someone go all over for some more obscure rums, and she only goes to the more far-flung islands so...).

Originally Posted by ama
Cross post from the beer thread:

This showed up out of nowhere at my liquor store on Friday. It didn't stay there long though.
smile.gif

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5288/5295557732_8f57c959fe_z.jpg[/I]

Hot. Freakin. Damn.

[QUOTE]
Originally Posted by [B]Huntsman[/B] [URL='https://www.styleforum.net/~styleforumadmin/styleforumfinal/showthread.php?s=6c73daa2ec5a07dcca88d940ac9d5529&p=3942588#post3942588'][IMG]https://www.styleforum.net/img/forum/go_quote.gif[/URL] [/QUOTE]
It's my well brandy, for mixing most every cocktail, and certainly drinkable neat. As refined as a single district cognac? No. Outstanding value for money? Yes!

~ H

Yeah its good to me but I know essentially nothing about brandy. Been on a huge Sidecar kick latley.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Huntsman
Whew. Ok. Will reply after finals.

I hope you were successful with your finals
smile.gif

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cousin got me a $200 gift card to this really awesome liquor store. At first I wanted to pick up another bottle of Yamazaki 18 and Luxardo Maraschino. But I end up spending another $200....

STA_6131.jpg

pick up some of my favorites..

I was pretty
frown.gif
when I find out they ran out of Yamazaki Suntory 18. Then I discover they had two ER 17 left. I definitely wanted to get a bottle. A couple days ago, I call literally almost every liquor store in the city to find some. When the guy open the glass case "I was like damn huh, last two bottle?" He just hand me the 2nd bottle, and I was like *******..why not? Probably the last two in this city..

STA_6132.jpg

eglbc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MCKIp.jpg

Gave this a whirl while back on the east coast.
An easy to drink, smooth winter time stout. Very dark, little head. Silky and malty.
While its not anything revolutionary I recommend for stout fans.

denning

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ama
I would start with these three. As for the BT Antiques, call first and see what they have left.

Blue Max Liquors - best selection by far, but a little far away
14640 10th Avenue South, Burnsville, MN 55337 (952) 432-3350 ‎ ‎

Ama, I just have to say thank you for the recommendation for Blue Max. It is a little out of the way, but well worth the drive.

I ended up grabbing a William Larue Weller, Sazerac 18, and two bottles of Eagle Rare 17, a 2007 and a 2010. There is still a bottle of 2009 Eagle Rare 17. Only one I couldn't find that I was looking for was the George T. Stagg.

Also got a bottle of Lillet Blanc.

goodlife

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Huntsman
It's my well brandy, for mixing most every cocktail, and certainly drinkable neat. As refined as a single district cognac? No. Outstanding value for money? Yes!

~ H

Have you tried the Paul Masson, it's my go to well Brandy. Now if I could only find a good orange liqueur for for under $20/750, I'd be drinking a lot more sidecars.

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by denning
Ama, I just have to say thank you for the recommendation for Blue Max. It is a little out of the way, but well worth the drive.

I ended up grabbing a William Larue Weller, Sazerac 18, and two bottles of Eagle Rare 17, a 2007 and a 2010. There is still a bottle of 2009 Eagle Rare 17. Only one I couldn't find that I was looking for was the George T. Stagg.

Also got a bottle of Lillet Blanc.

Nice pick ups! If you are still in town and want that bottle of GTS I can tell you where to find it...

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Alter
Probably not interesting to most but...a local maker of sake and shouchou in Kobe Japan decided to try their hand at Whiskey. First with a blend and then with a single malt (so far they only have a 5-year bottling). I picked up one of each.

dsc8412.jpg

Just curious how did these turn out?

game130

Reaction score
Just got a bottle of a liquer called "After Shock Red". It tastes like cinnamon. Goes down my throat like nothing

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads