• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I Just Bought a... (Wine, Spirit, or Beer)

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I enjoyed Booker's, fwiw. Not much experience with cask proof liquors though.

Last edited:

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Couldn't pass this up. Still in plastic.

atebe9ad.jpg

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had a little splash of that a week or two back. Remarkably thick and quite excellent, though my rum experience isn't large enough to judge with any accuracy. I picked up the standard Pyrat XO Reserve today myself along with Ardbeg 10, Knob Creek Single Barrel and Old Grand Dad BIB. I wasn't even on planning on buying anything, but the amazing deals I found on all of them couldn't be passed.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
I don't get the trend of naming things Bottled in Bond. No **** it's bottled in bond. Every bottle of whiskey produced in America is bottled in bond.

Last edited:

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't get the trend of naming things Bottled in Bond. No **** it's bottled in bond. Every bottle of whiskey produced in America is bottled in bond.

That's not even remotely true.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bottled_in_bond

"To be labeled as Bottled-in-Bond or Bonded, the liquor must be the product of one distillation season (January to December) and one distiller at one distillery. It must have been aged in a federally bonded warehouse under U.S. government supervision for at least four years and bottled at 100 (U.S.) proof (50% alcohol by volume). The bottled product's label must identify the distillery where it was distilled and, if different, where it was bottled.[2] Only spirits produced in the United States may be designated as bonded."

The vast majority of whiskeys do not fit all those criteria.

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Jesus, shows what I know. I just assumed it was referring to the fact that it's in a bonded warehouse.
:/

What's your job again?

For me the easy way to remember is by thinking of the Lairds products. The higher proof product is bonded and the lower proof is not.

Last edited:

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Picked up a new bottle of Chartreuse. Some kind of register or barcode error, it rang up at $30 for the bottle :slayer: Usually $52.

Should have immediately run over and gotten like three more.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score

What's your job again?

For me the easy way to remember is by thinking of the Lairds products. The higher proof product is bonded and the lower proof is not.

I sell beer. Don't know a damn thing about teh booze.

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So if I only sold gin should I only know about gin? You sell other products.

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Uh, no. Bottled in Bond requires that the spirit be the product of one distillation season, one distillery and one distiller, aged at least 4 years and bottled at 100 proof. Very few spirits are produced to that standard in America.

Sayeth the law:

(3) The words “bond”, “bonded”, “bottled in bond”, “aged in bond”, or phrases containing these or synonymous terms, shall not be used on any label or as part of the brand name of domestic distilled spirits unless the distilled spirits are:

(i) Composed of the same kind of spirits produced from the same class of materials;

(ii) Produced in the same distilling season by the same distiller at the same distillery;

(iii) Stored for at least four years in wooden containers wherein the spirits have been in contact with the wood surface except for gin and vodka which must be stored for at least four years in wooden containers coated or lined with paraffin or other substance which will preclude contact of the spirits with the wood surface;

(iv) Unaltered from their original condition or character by the addition or subtraction of any substance other than by filtration, chill proofing, or other physical treatments (which do not involve the addition of any substance which will remain incorporated in the finished product or result in a change in class or type);

(v) Reduced in proof by the addition of pure water only to 100 degrees of proof; and

(vi) Bottles at 100 degrees of proof.

In addition to the requirements of §5.36(a) (1) or (2), the label shall bear the real name of the distillery or the trade name under which the distillery produced and warehoused the spirits, and the plant (or registered distillery) number in which produced; and the plant number in which bottled. The label may also bear the name or trade name of the bottler.

(4) The words “bond”, “bonded”, “bottled in bond”, “aged in bond”, or phrases containing these or synonymous terms, shall not be used on any label or as part of the brand name of imported distilled spirits unless the distilled spirits meet in all respects the requirements applicable to distilled spirits bottled for domestic consumption, so labeled, and unless the laws and regulations of the country in which such distilled spirits are produced authorize the bottling of distilled spirits in bond and require or specifically authorize such distilled spirits to be so labeled. All spirits labeled as “bonded”, “bottled in bond”, or “aged in bond” pursuant to the provisions of this paragraph shall bear in direct conjunction with such statement and in script, type, or printing substantially as conspicuous as that used on such statement, the name of the country under whose laws and regulations such distilled spirits were so bottled.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads