• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I hope you guys are happy

marc237

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Actually, not particularly. I found his site fun and a refreshing change from most of the juvenile meanderings that people post to public fora, blogs, vanity sites, and similar such things.

wja

Reaction score
I'm sorry to see him pack it in. The man has something which too many others lack - a sense of style.

Roy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry to see him pack it in.  The man has something which too many others lack - a sense of style.
I think it is a shame that he packs in. What he did was not my style, by far. But at least he had a 'passion' and it is a shame that due to all the criticism he stopped.

That being said, if you have a hobby like that you might expect criticism.

gorgekko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pity. While he took his hobby to what I would consider a bit out of the norm, I rather enjoyed the fact that he provided a dash of colour to the web. A shame he took it down.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting that he didn't just leave, but left such a nice, sanctimonious little souvenir in it's wake. If you are going to be a fruitcake (as ernest affectionately calls me), be sure that other people will call you on it.

Mike C.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The link doesn't work when I click it. It is supposed to be down? Is that the point of this post?

misterbowles

Reaction score
Pity. While he took his hobby to what I would consider a bit out of the norm, I rather enjoyed the fact that he provided a dash of colour to the web. A shame he took it down.
Yeah, it's kind of a drag. Oh well...

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When you post something personal on the Internet, don't be surprised if people make fun of you for it. It's like putting a sack of hamburger into a fish tank full of piranha. The way the guy dressed was just a LITTLE anachronistic, that plus the domain name with the word "fogey" in it made the guy a blinking target for anyone under 25.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
was that the aging gay guy with the monacle and the penchant for dressing up in vintage military wear?

tdial

Reaction score
I don't know the history of the site, but on one hand the guy says that "Thankfully however, I was never one to be influenced by the opinions of others..." and on the other hand he has taken down his website because of what other people say?

I guess he really is one to be influenced by the opinions of others...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads