• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Thrifter

Reaction score
Since my Iron Heart 634s are wearing out I need a denim recommendation.

I'd like:
-Dark indigo blue wash
-'regular' fit like APC NS (but a higher rise would be a plus)
-Slight taper below the knee
-Non raw. Don't want indigo bleed.
-Don't care about selvedge.

Any suggestions?

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score

Does it look like I might have a crotch blowout soon?

Not yet, but the fabric gets thinner where there's stress. No point in reinforcing them yet.

I'd like:
-Dark indigo blue wash

Any suggestions?

You're describing jeans that you can find walking into any mens' department. What's there to recommend?

Am i screwed?
You can try ironing them back out. Otherwise, enjoy your pleated jeans.

Last edited:

CDHagg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, my APC NC jeans in size 28 fit me like this:

They are too tight in the thighs and the calves, and getting tighter as I my legs get bigger (from lifting). Would a pair of NS jeans in 29 do the trick?

insomb

Reaction score

So, my APC NC jeans in size 28 fit me like this:

They are too tight in the thighs and the calves, and getting tighter as I my legs get bigger (from lifting).  Would a pair of NS jeans in 29 do the trick?

Those look fine, why do you want to size up in the waist because the calves and thighs are too tight?

CDHagg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those look fine, why do you want to size up in the waist because the calves and thighs are too tight?

The waist could be a little bigger too. These jeans are just too constricting - feels bad and looks bad. I could size up one without having them fall down, but that probably wouldn't make the thighs bigger enough - which is why I'm asking for suggestions for a better model/brand.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score

The waist could be a little bigger too.  These jeans are just too constricting - feels bad and looks bad.  I could size up one without having them fall down, but that probably wouldn't make the thighs bigger enough - which is why I'm asking for suggestions for a better model/brand.

There are loads of alternatives depending on your budget. No sense in square pegging the round hole.

a true waist of 34" is what size in Levi's? 32W?
Model? Raw/washed? Practically impossible to guess without more specific information.

Reaction score

I'd like:
-Dark indigo blue wash

Any suggestions?

Bonobos flatiron wash straight slim. A bit overpriced (especially the non-selvedge) but they are very dark, non-raw, and the fit is nice - roomier than 511s for sure, and out of skinny territory, but seem to have more of a taper than Levis 514. The quality of the denim is good and they have served me very well. If you wait for a sale or credit like I did it can be worth it.

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend jeans with a fit similar to Levis 510s (skinny and tapered) that come in odd sizes? Especially if they come in washed black.

Distorbiant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What do you guys think of black jeans with white wefts?

I have a pair from N&F and I've never wore it.

It's kind of like a weird charcoal tint. I don't know what to do with it.

SackSuitLover

Reaction score
What is the best brand name of jeans?
Levis Vintage Clothing, without doubt. But they are pricey. Heritage, prestige, tradition, but also quality.
Unfotunately there is not a good online shop... LVC "must" promote a good e-commerce. Why LVC site doesn't sell on line?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads