• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I design/make clothes check-out my work non-sales related

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seems uncalled for to dig up and post the guy's criminal records, as goofy as this thread may be. I predict this thread will soon no longer exist.

OP, I do envy your hobby and wish I knew how to do anything beyond replacing a shirt button.

Last edited:

997CTSurg

Alpha-M
Reaction score
I'm quite surprised the threak has made it this far.
Slow holiday weekend I guess. Usually a guy like this gets piled on promptly by the SF group mind/Borg.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Saturdays and those who quoted that, I dont feel its right you post that, I would suggest you please edit those out of your posts, please.

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Saturdays and those who quoted that, I dont feel its right you post that, I would suggest you please edit those out of your posts, please.

You're right, a bit of a stupid thing for me to do, cloak of "anonymity" and my bad decisions sometimes get the best of me.

Last edited:

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I thought I saw this phrase in the OP for a second

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:

size 38R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good work gentlemen! you guys really demonstrate that you can buy a suit, but you can't buy class or manners.
if only members here had the qualities that warrant a man as " a well rounded stylish gentleman" leave your pretentiousness at home will you?
the O.P might have been looking through rose colored glasses, but at least he was trying to legitimately start making a product and perhaps it had potential.
he just needed the right information. which obviously you don't know. as a member. you embarrass me.

" a man looking up at the world is worth more than a man looking down at the world"

also, thanks Spoo for trying to keep it classy.
fing02[1].gif

Last edited:

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, the guy seemed hopelessly naive (and very ignorant about the clothing business as well as shoe construction), but I don't think he was posting just for the pleasure of stringing folks along or getting a rise out of us.

sangiuseppe

Reaction score

Agreed. lets hope he didn't give up yet. and wants to learn.

I think the guys on the forum did him a favor and I hope he got a wake up call. A guy that thinks to sell a shirt with wooden buttons for 4,000 dollars has some serious issues in my opinion

MZhammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agreed. lets hope he didn't give up yet. and wants to learn.

Really? I'm all for leaving his history out of it, that was bad form, but maybe the lesson is that he needs to come down to earth before progressing any further. The guy had no idea about the industry otherwise he'd know the rough value of a hand made shirt and a little about fit (granted his first attempt was much better than I could ever do).

A wake up call was what he needed and what he got. Also, I may be just a bit skeptical that he was here for purely non-advertising reasons: http://fashionconnoisseur.forumbee.com/t/q4dbg

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads