• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I am ready to be a father

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was kept up between 3 a.m. and 5 a.m. and still managed to get to work at 8:10 a.m.

My roommates are dicks. These guys are my good buddies but they still insist on getting smashed and yelling upon return from the bar, drinking shots in the kitchen directly below my room when they get home, and then going to the basement but putting on a movie loud enough to shake the house... I go down once, tell them to turn it down, good for 20 minutes, nearly asleep again, then suddenly full blast. Go down again, and they've all passed out. At that point I turned off the DVD player and was able to get back to sleep.

Not sure whether to laugh or break the ******* TV next time.

Edit - Guess I should add that I will take advice on this topic, otherwise I would have posted to TTAPYO thread.

Extra detail - I am on the lease with one other guy. So I don't have anything on them.

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When this happens, make sure you wake them up before you leave for work. When they complain, point out to them that you fell asleep the same time they did. Hopefully that will get the message across.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This is why you need to live alone.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by unjung
I was kept up between 3 a.m. and 5 a.m. and still managed to get to work at 8:10 a.m.

My roommates are dicks. These guys are my good buddies but they still insist on getting smashed and yelling upon return from the bar, drinking shots in the kitchen directly below my room when they get home, and then going to the basement but putting on a movie loud enough to shake the house... I go down once, tell them to turn it down, good for 20 minutes, nearly asleep again, then suddenly full blast. Go down again, and they've all passed out. At that point I turned off the DVD player and was able to get back to sleep.

Edit - Guess I should add that I will take advice on this topic, otherwise I would have posted to TTAPYO thread.

Extra detail - I am on the lease with one other guy. So I don't have anything on them.

When your lease is up move out on your own or look for a roommate that sees eye to eye with you.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i don't get the relevance of the thread title....were you planning to impregnate one of these roommates?
laugh.gif

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ran into this problem a few times and I actually regret not being a total dick about it. Please, for my sake, smash the tv.

EDIT: Or flip the breaker, that's my plan B.

tc6

Reaction score
I had this same problem my last year. I rented an apartment and 2 other roommates had their friends over EVERY single night. I'm talking about 7-8 people every night drinking and smoking hookah. I obviously don't car on the weekends, but when someone has 8:30 classes or work, some consideration is expected. I confronted them a few times and they would listen for a day or two and then it would start all over again. I moved out after a month and a half into the semester. I should've convinced some of my friends to get an apartment instead of finding other roommates.

x26

Reaction score
Originally Posted by unjung

Next time give them all surprize Buttsecs...
laugh.gif

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am almost ready to be a father.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Move out when the lease is over. I was always kind of a dick with my friends growing up, and regret it now. Just be cool, and it'll pass, move out and you'll still have friends to go out with.

Godot

Reaction score
Talking with people when their drunk or hung over is a waste of time. When they are sober, sit down with them and explain how the situation is not working for you and attempt to resolve it. Then if they continue to be jerks, you might want to consider a bit of jerk like revenge.
fight[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads