• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HUSBANDS (Paris)

pwc008

Reaction score
Husbands did offer me a single reverse pleat, but I opted for flat front. Hence my interest in the photo in Post 577.

Anyone?

Cobra

Reaction score
Matches' website says Husbands SS24 is coming soon. I can't remember Husbands ever posting anything about it so I'm curious to see what they're doing (and for everything I want to either sellout immediately or be available at only one or two stores)

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Do they ever announce match or ssense? I only remember they talk about the Gucci release but that’s it

pwc008

Reaction score
The French do indeed refer to a forward pleat as a "French" pleat.

As long as it folds the right way, you could call it anything you like.

My loathing of reverse pleats knows almost no limits.

pwc008

Reaction score

merkwurdigliebe

Reaction score

I know FW23 hasn't even been teased yet but this post from 11 weeks ago is supposedly showing some stuff from SS24. Looks like they're doing denim jackets and flared jeans in a washed black/very dark blue (picture looks filtered so can't tell exactly). Also some white loafers and polka dot shirts(?) on the rack behind him. I believe this guy is a buyer/store owner in Japan - they carry a lot of complementary brands but I don't see anything from Husbands posted just yet:

This is the only thing I've seen so far pertaining to SS24, so I'm expecting new denim washes and maybe jackets. I also expect some of the stuff from that Gucci collection to come out with the new season, as that is what happened for this past FW collection - the black croc emboss belt and some of the sweaters were sold via Gucci as 'exclusives' but wound up being released as part of the official FW23 collection anyway. The Gucci collection had a black linen suit, wide & pleated white denim pants and one of those Armani style 4x1 DB jackets in velvet with silver buttons, so maybe they will come out again as well.

pwc008

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with the black zip boot? It appears to be back in stock in my size - which would be either a 10/43 or an 11/44. Shoe sizing these days is all over the place, so I thought I'd ask. I better mention I have a high arch, high instep, somewhat broad(er) than average across the widest part of my foot and a fairly narrow heel.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
by the way on the topic of side zip, why their side zip though there are a lot option out there

merkwurdigliebe

Reaction score
I have 4 pairs of their sidezips in different colors. I try to pick them up whenever they release new ones because this style of boot is relatively hard to find from other brands at this price point. Hedi Slimane used to make the platonic form of a sidezip boot at Saint Laurent with the 'Wyatt' model, but his selection at Celine has a very different shape, and also worse materials from what I've heard. The current Saint Laurent Wyatt is also ~$500 more than Husbands' sidezips and they have made some changes to them since Hedi Slimane left that I don't personally like. The only thing about Husbands' side zips that I'm not really a fan of is the box leather - it is very stiff and taking a while to break in.

Sizing wise the only comparison I can make is to Saint Laurent - I take a 42 in both Husbands and Saint Laurent boots. I did however take a 41 in the new 'square toe' side zips at their recommendation and, although they are on the tighter side, I'd recommend sizing down if you were looking at those. I'll probably have them stretched slightly when getting them resoled.

ppk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with the black zip boot? It appears to be back in stock in my size - which would be either a 10/43 or an 11/44. Shoe sizing these days is all over the place, so I thought I'd ask. I better mention I have a high arch, high instep, somewhat broad(er) than average across the widest part of my foot and a fairly narrow heel.
Wow! Those are beautiful.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Barbanera is not the same toe shape as Saint Laurent, but I feel like it can work here too

though, nearly same px I suppose so if you love one over the other go for the one you like

edit: though if you're open to eBay type of thing plenty of Saint Laurent and a few Barbanera

Cobra

Reaction score
I have 4 pairs of their sidezips in different colors. I try to pick them up whenever they release new ones because this style of boot is relatively hard to find from other brands at this price point.

I haven’t bought the husbands boots yet because they keep selling out but this sums up why I feel the same way about them. If you go for Gucci or SLP that’s over $1000 for boots that I don’t know a lot about. Then you have the SLP knock off brands like FromTheFirst or Unknown Articles, and I’m sure these are okay but again, there’s a big unknown there in terms of quality and production. Husbands price isn’t obscene (and if you’re lucky you might find them on sale), and I trust the brand enough from past purchases I know I probably won’t regret it.

In other news, the jeans from the winter collection came back in stock in my size and I manages to snag them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 97 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 33 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads